Bruise or broken blood vessel? (photo)

I had lip fillers about two weeks ago with no bruising or swelling. Yesterday I decided to suck on a small lid to swell up my lips and make them appear fuller. I only did how for about ten seconds and throughout the day these Bruises appeared. Are these bruises or broken blood vessels ?

Bruising with Juvederm Injections

Bruise. This will settle in the next week or so. Not a good idea to do what you did, but no harm done. Like others who suggested, use some arnica cream to the area. All the best
Dr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Lip bruising after lip plumping

This is bruising caused by blood leaking out of injured vessels. This was a bad idea for a recently injected lip. Try using arnica for the bruising.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Bruising of lips

Thank you for sharing your problem. The bruising you are experiencing can be helped with application of cold compresses and possible with arnica. See your doctor if they do not resolve. Good luck,

Bruises in the Lips

I always start with a conservative amount of filler in any area. With this approach more filler can always be added at a later time if desired.
Bruising is common after physical trauma to the skin or lips. Without an in-office exam I am not able to tell exactly what it is. If you have before photographs it may be easier to tell. Either way, any type of vascular lesion (bruise, broken capillary, etc.) can be treated with a laser such as KTP or pulsed dye or an IPL with filters in the 500-600 nm range. Without treatment bruises normally resolve on their own. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Post Lip Augmentation Bruising

This appears to be bruising and should resolve shortly. If they are present for a long period of time lasers, such as Pulsed Dye Laser, can help improve the bruising. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip bruises...

Thank you for your question.  These appear to be bruises, give them a few days and see if they resolve.  If they do not follow up with your board certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon