Would rigottomy accompnied with lipofilling help in tuberous breast?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Rigotomy and lipofilling for tuberous breasts

In the right hands, rigotomy (named after Gino Rigotti, an esteemed Italian surgeon) and lipofilling can produce spectacular results. Talk to your surgeon, see their results and discuss the pros and cons in your situation.  This is a difficult technique as the sole correction of tuberous breasts and it is very surgeon dependent. The best technique for you is dependent on your specific needs. Cool new techniques are interesting but might not be the best option for your situation. Seek several opinions.

Tuberous Breast Deformity

Tuberous Breasts can have various degrees of deformity.  Rigottomy and Lipofilling may be of benefit for some patients, but that alone will not likely solve all the issues associated with tuberous breasts.  Frequently the areola is enlarged, there is frequently herniation of breast tissue at areola, a relatively low position of the areola, as well as a constriction of the breast tissue, ligaments and skin.  Rigottomy and lipofilling will only help with constriction of the ligaments but often there is still tight skin or not enough skin of the lower breast to allow for this area to stretch. 

Tuberous Breast Deformity

Please send pictures

The use of rigottomy is not a good idea in general due to too much scarring, fat pooling and effectiveness. Fat grafting alone or combination with circumareolar lift works better. 

Please send pictures

Tuberous breast treatment with fat grafting and rigottomies

Yes, rigottomies (using needles to release scar tissue percutaneously) and fat grafting can be used to treat tuberous breasts. Without an exam, however; it is difficult to determine whether you are an ideal candidate for that procedure, or other procedures used to treat tuberous breasts.It is best to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options. Good Luck.