Does 1 Infini treatment equal a series of 3 regular microneedling treatments?

I lost a lot of volume in my face and have thin, sagging skin. I am looking to get rid of fine lines around my eyes and mouth and to tighten my skin. I would probably be a good candidate for a face lift, but can't afford the cost nor the downtime. At this time, I can only afford either 1 Infini treatment or a series of 3-4 regular microneedling treatments (which cost about the same where I live.) Which of the two would give me better results?

Texture, tone, volume.

Firstly realistic exceptions need to be made. An assessment by a Specialist will give you the best SOLUTION for your concerns. I have access to INFINI RF, Thermage, Ultherapy etc... including old fashioned micro needling and energy based devices will always outperform non energy based micro needling. IMO one INFINI treatment will not give you a good result. Combining it with PRP may improve the skin texture. Ultherapy is probably the best, but its indicated for mild to moderate skin laxity. It maybe prudent to see a Specialist who can give you treatment options that work, rather than pay for one treatment that may not. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Infini vs. Needling

There is a difference between Infini and straight micro-needling. The Infini device can deliver radiofrequency energy to different levels of the skin to promote collagen formation and improved appearance with some tightening. The micro-needling injury to the dermis does not use energy but does create some new collagen. The Infini itself is usually recommended not as a single treatment, but in a series of three treatments to get the best results. Micro-needling is also not meant to be a single session. So the choice may depend on cost and your own available time. I hope this helps you make a decision.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infini vs microneedling

In my opinion, the infini will produce better results than microneedling using a dermapen. The infini delivers high energy and this radio frequency energy penetrates deeper and at various levels of the dermis. This energy will stimulate collagen to tighten the skin. Realize, that any noninvasive device, will not deliver the same results as surgery.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Getting the most for your money--intensif and microneedling--Add PRP

It is best you get a a cosmetic consultation. Without any photos it is hard to tell what would be best for you and it may take a series of treatments to see improvement for volume loss. I will say that I always do prp with microneedling treatments for best results.  We like intensif over infini for microneedling/RF.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Infini vs. microneedling

The benefit of Infini is the addition of the radiofrequency energy (RF) to the microneedling treatment. This delivers heat to the tip of the needle, allowing for a thermal tissue injury in addition to the mechanical injury of the needle. The body then generates a wound-healing response, which results in collagen and elastin production and cell turnover. Though this is certainly more powerful than microneedling alone, it is generally not done as a single treatment. In my practice, most patients will need two to four sessions, scheduled about 6 weeks apart. In terms of your specific issues, Infini is great for skin surface and texture issues (e.g., acne scarring and fine lines). It is less powerful as a tightening device. If you are in need of tightening, the best non-surgical option, in my opinion, is ThermiTight. This also uses RF technology but with a different delivery method. Best of luck and take care!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Infini is best for tightening skin

Microneedling (preferably with Growth Factor Serum or PRP) is great for increasing collagen and treating fine lines and reversing the natural collagen loss we suffer as we age, but the procedure-- even a series of 3-- is not powerful enough to actually tighten skin and improve laxity in the lower face. 

If you have prominent wrinkles or sagginess that you want to correct-- jowls or lip lines for example-- then Infini is the way to go. Infini basically forces the skin to undergo a major remodel by creating innumerable tiny blasts of energy in the dermis, forcing it to replace those areas with a massive collagen build-up. A good rule of thumb is one Infini treatment per decade of life to reverse the changes of aging. One treatment will not get you there, but it will be a good start. Ideally, Infini treatments are done 4-6 weeks apart, but can go up to 3-4 months apart and still build results effectively. Most clinics will offer some kind of financing options and package pricing if you really want to do it. It is worth inquiring!

Katherine Dee, MD
Seattle Physician

Thin, sagging skin, with volume loss..Infini or microneedling

I'm not sure that either treatment would be the best for you. It sounds like adding volume would be the best option at this point. Don't expect either of the 2 treatments you asked about to provide much volume. I think the Infini is about 7-10x more effective than microneedling. The energy in the dermis significantly improves collagen production and leads to better results. Microneedling results are very, very mild.

Steven F. Weiner, MD