2 weeks post op breast reduction with free nipple graft. Nipple peeling normal? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Peeling Areolar/Nipple Skin after Free Nipple Graft Breast Reduction
- Overall, you appear to be healing up well.
- Free nipple grafts are uncommonly performed for breast reductions, but I have performed a few over the years for GIANT breasts.
- The peeling you have of your areolar and nipple skin is actually very common and expected after a free nipple graft.
- Continue to keep these areas moist with Bacitracin ointment and a non stick dressing.
- In a few months you may be left with some areas of hypo-pigmentation (lighter colored areas), and tattooing can help with this.
- Thanks for sharing!
2 weeks post op, some advices:
2 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks.
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-
Skin Peeling After Free Nipple Graft
What you are experiencing is not uncommon after free nipple grafting. I would continue to keep the graft moist with antibiotic ointment or vaseline (whichever your surgeon recommends), as the skin is still fragile at this point.
Of course, if you are concerned, it's best to discuss this with your surgeon and be evaluated in person. Best of luck!