Male Donut Lift to Treat Excess Skin Weight Lifting After Surgery?

I had a donut lift to correct my gynecomastia excess skin. The surgeon used both internal and external dissolvable scars. I am curious when can I start lifting weights on my chest post surgery? When will the tissue grow back to support the areola and nipple so that the sutures don't need to hold things together anymore? I'm just nervous that if I lift my areola may break up so I want to be sure the underying tissue or skin is there?

About Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

About Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Gynecomastia surgery and exercise

You should really go over the allowable activity level with your surgeon. This can vary quite a bit depending upon the procedure performed.

Gynecomastia surgery and exercise