I have blister around incision. Is that normal and can I bust it? And what can I put on it after it bust?

Answers (5)

FU with surgeon

I recommend that you refrain from touching it and follow up your plastic surgeon on this matter.

Blister

I would not open the blister.  It will heal faster if left alone.  Have your surgeon evaluate the are to see what caused the blister ie: tape, bra etc.  Good luck.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
Donald Nunn, MD (retired)

Skin blisters

I recommend that you do not manipulate the blisters. Your could cause an infection or worse. It's difficult to give you advice without actually examining you or having more information on your history. However, blisters can be caused from anything simple as skin irritation (tape, chaffing, etc) to something more serious as a burn, skin compromise, or a skin infection.Follow-up with your plastic surgeon, and he or she can guide you on treatment and therapy.
Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Skin blisters near the incision after and abdominoplasty.

Before tampering with your skin you should check out the problem with your surgeon. Sometimes a blister can be a symptom of an emerging skin infection.
53 reviews

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to develop a blister around a tummy tuck incision site and most times you do not need to do anything for them except keep them covered with a bandaid or gauze in the event that it leaks its fluid. If it is large, speak with your plastic surgeon, he may want to see you to check on your healing and he can lance the blister if they think its warranted.  

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.