Can you have too many infini treatments for acne scarring? 4 so far. (photos)

So I'm two weeks out from my 4th infini treatment and I've had pretty good improvement so far. I still see improvements and changes each time and I'm thinking about doing one more, so 5 total. Is that too many? Would it even do any good or should I look at other options now such as bellafill? Thanks for any help.

Combine INFINI with PRP

To answer your question, you can have a few more. If you notice improvement with each session, go for it. The video shows how I combine INFINI with PRP to achieve faster healing times, with better effect. Infini, unlike most other energy based devices contain insulated needles, - this gives this device the edge over others. All the best, DR Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Laser Resurfacing, Infini/Intensif RF, Fillers (Bellafill), Eclipse Micropen/PRP

You can have as many Infini treatments as you wish. I find combination therapy works better, so I would add in micro needling with PRP and maybe some fillers to get the best outcome. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Infini treatments

There is no limit to the number of infini treatments. Generally, 3 to 4 treatments are recommended. I am pleased you have seen improvement and with time, more improvement will be seen. I would wait at least 6 months before another treatment. The changes in the dermis will continue to get better. Bellafill generally does not work for your type of acne scars.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Infini microneedling for acne scar improvement in my NYC practice is done normally for three monthly treatments; possibly more

With most resurfacing modalities used to treat acne scars, there is considerable improvement for a while, six months or even more, after the last treatment. No one is certain if there is a maximum number of treatments of any of these treatments such as Infini, Fraxel Dual or Clear and Brilliant. More aggressive treatments such as the older dermabrasion and fully ablative carbon dioxide laser treatments would be limited to one and then usually not repeated for a minimum of a year or more

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Infini RF

Hello and thank you for your question. As far as your question I don't think that there is a limit on how many Infini treatments you can do. Every time you do a treatment you will see more improvement, as you mentioned above. I would suggest that you meet with your provider to see what else they recommend for your skin and see if there are other treatments that could help you skin look even better. Hope this helps, Dr. S. 

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Infini for acne scars - how many?

I'm glad that you are having success with the Infini after not improving with other treatments. There is no limit as to how many treatments you can have. You should get improvements with each, but the improvements will be more subtle the more you get. Bellafill will only work on the deeper rolling scars which I don't see. Typically 3-4 is what people normally get for acne scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD