What is the best care for face after PRP? I am 66 and just trying to see what different doctors say

Aftercare for platelet-rich-plasma (PRP)

After PRP the care is relatively simple.  Avoid direct sun and take it easy.  There may be different instructions if you have any other procedures done at the same time.  At 66, you may not see a great deal of result from PRP alone, but it can be helpful if combined with other services.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

PRP for Face and Aftercare

I always suggest that you use sunscreen and refrain from strenuous exercise immediately afterwards and for the following day.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP for Face and Aftercare

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

At 66 you will need a combination of treatments for complexion, wrinkles, lifting etc.  There are many factors involved.  Please see an expert for a formal consultation.  PRP alone will do very little for you. Best, Dr. Emer.

PRP aftercare

As you suggest in your question, different doctors are likely to recommend different after-PRP protocols.  For deep and soft tissue injections, I generally ask patients to avoid overly strenuous activity and exercise the remainder of the day following the procedure, apply cold compresses to the injected areas to decrease swelling, sleep elevated for a few nights, and take Tylenol (or acetaminophen) as needed for soreness/ discomfort.  If PRP is utilized with a microneedling technique (eg, Rejuvapen), I recommend applying a PRP-enriched serum to the treated areas for ~ 24 hours, avoid washing/ using make-up, lotions, etc. on the treated areas ~12 hours, and utilize sunblock regularly starting the day after the procedure.  Microneedling patients are asked to hold off topical retinols/ tretinoins for 3 days after the procedure.  Good luck with your research!  When done well, PRP is an amazing anti-aging procedure.

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

PRP aftercare

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon