Lower mouth lip goes to right when I talk and smile. Can it be fixed? (Photo)

Hello,I'm Dima, 22. I was born with one lung and my heart was shifted to the right. I live a normal life and take no medication. However ever since I was born when I open my mouth a bit more, especially when pronouncing vowels or smiling my lower mouth lip tends to go to the right. It is as if there is something missing on the left side stopping my lower lip to be straight. I haven't asked anyone before. Can you advice me? Thanks

Possible Lip Fillers?

Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon and consult about possible lip fillers, or other alternatives!  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Symmetric smile

Dear Dima,

• Hmm, that is a good question, it could be that the muscle on the left (or the nerve going to it) may not have developed
  • We can use Botox on the other side to weaken the muscle that pulls the lower lip down to make your smile more symmetric
  • Were you diagnosed with a specific problem with your lung and heart situation?
  • I do not think lip fillers would get you the look you want
  • We can also try a touch of local anesthetic as a quick test to see if Botox would be the answer

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD