What would happen if I changed my mind about surgery?

I'm wondering if it is normal to be feeling completely freaked out and anxious about having a TT? So if I change my mind then what happens? Do doctors allow you to use the fees paid toward other procedures or will I be SOL?

Nervous about surgery

Each practice has its own policies regarding refunds of this nature.  I would stress to you though that it is very common to be anxious about surgery.  You are not alone and your surgeon and his/her staff are there to answer your questions and help alleviate your concerns.  A tummy tuck is a powerful surgery that can bring about very positive changes in how you feel about yourself.  I definitely recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your feelings so that you can begin to feel more confident and look forward to your procedure.  Good luck!

It is common to be nervous prior to any type of surgery. I highly recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon sooner rather than later.

You would need to ask your surgeon or his office staff regarding their policy about transferring the money you paid toward another procedure.

Each individual surgical practice has their own policies regarding cancellation of a scheduled surgical procedure.  Check with your surgeon's office and let them know your situation ASAP, they will probably be willing to work something out.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Unsure about surgery

You should begin by contacting your surgeon.  Discuss your concerns and their policy regarding cancellation. Each practice has their own policy and it can vary from office to office.  Scheduling another meeting with your surgeon may be helpful.