Is it possible to get my breast implants to drop a year after surgery?

I feel like there is still room in the pockets for my breast to drop and that maybe it can be stretched over time. I want my bottom pole to be more full. Would tape or a band help? Is it even worth it to try, or would I need a revision. Me and my surgeon discussed this during consultation and I know he made a big enough pocket, I'm just not sure there was ever enough weight to push them into it. Would the pockets grow back together before they dropped into them?

Breast implants after one year

After one year post breast augmentation, your implants will not change much at all or drop. If you feel they are too high, it could be due to capsular contracture (scar tissue) that may prevented them from settling into the position that you and your surgeon had anticipated. Consult with your plastic surgeon about possibly revising the pockets (surgically) to allow the implants to fall into a more aesthetically pleasing position.

Dr.Bruno

Is it possible for breast implants to drop a year after surgery?

A year after breast augmentation the pocket is well set and anymore time or massage is unlikely to help the implants drop further. There is no harm in continuing downward massage, though a revision might be the best option.

Implant issue

I doubt that you can re-position your implants without surgery a year after your original surgery.  Best of luck.

Breast implant position

After a year your     pocket is mature and the capsule around it probably cannot be stretched any more. I think it will require a revision to lower the implant. Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, one year after surgery, your breast implants have reached their "final positions";  I would not expect any further significant changes.  Taping and/or bands will not help. Given your concerns/goals, it is likely that revisionary surgery will be necessary to achieve them.  The procedure likely necessary is called "capsulotomy"  and is usually associated with much less of a recovery period/discomfort,  compared to initial breast augmentation surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  If it's already been a year since your surgery, your implants have already formed capsules and most likely will not drop any further without a revision.  This surgery is pretty simple and straight forward and you should be able to achieve your desired results.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you determine the best course of action to help you achieve your goals.  All the best. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Drop

Thanks for your question.  It sounds like you will need a surgery in order to drop the implants.  If everything else is normal, this is a procedure that should only take about an hour.  After a year, your capsules are formed and I don't believe your implants will drop without surgery.  I suggest you return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon