34 B debating 286 cc or 304 cc silicon implants. Want a natural look. 5'8" and 145lbs with broad shoulders. (photos)
Doctor Answers 14
Gel implants in the submuscular plane will look great
I think either implant size will give you a natural look.
The difference between the two is so minimal you should pick based on your goal. If you are worried that you will go through the BAM and be to "small" - pick the larger implant. If you are worried that "everyone will know I have implants because they will be big" - pick the smaller implant.
The reality is that you will be in the same bra post op with either implant and either will look amazing when done be an experienced PS.
For greater upper pole and cleavage my patients select Allergan Inspira Round SRX or SSX implants in the submuscular plane.
you will soon appreciate that BAM is a truly transforming procedure for women.
All the best.
Scott Barr, MD. FRCSC, Plastic Surgeon
I like a tear drop shape, what implant should I use = depends on the size and implant type #BA #breastaugmetnation #breastimplan
In my practice, when patients ask for a "natural tear drop shape" breast augmentation, I always ask the patient" do you want cleave or not? do you want upper pole fullness or not?. 99% of the time the patients respond yes to those questions, then I explain to them that a "tear drop shape breast augmentation" won't deliver those features. Right after they understand they do want a round implant.
When choosing the implant type, breast augmentation patients should discuss what they seek to achieve with breast augmentation to avoid post-surgical dissatisfaction.
Here are a few points for you to think about.
1. Implant size has more of an impact then anything else on your breasts appearance. Smaller always looks more 'natural'.
2. There is a 97% chance that your surgeon only recommends round implants. Most American surgeons are fearful of shaped implants due to their unique potential for rotation, something that happens far less than round implants tendency to drop out or to the sides. Although most opposed will argue that 'there is no difference in appearance', it's less about initial appearance, and more about durability of result over the years. That's because shaped implants do not rely on your soft tissue envelope to support or give them shape; instead, they shape the soft tissue envelope.
3. If you wanted shaped implants, you'd be a great candidate.
4. You and your surgeon should know which implant you're getting before surgery. This is based on your aesthetic goals and your biodimensional analysis. There is no reason for the use of sizers in the operating room, or waking up wondering what implant was use.
5. Regardless of which implant type or size you pick, you look like you're going to have a great result!
Best of lukc!
You might also like...
34 B debating 286 cc or 304 cc silicon implants. Want a natural look. 5'8" and 145lbs with broad shoulders
Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery
The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve. If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.
Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
34 B debating 286 cc or 304 cc silicon implants. Want a natural look. 5'8" and 145lbs with broad shoulders.
Good luck and enjoy the results.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California
Size of implants.
Breast augmentation size
Want a natural look with breast augmentation…
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.
Breast Implant Sizing
As far as round vs anatomic, given your breast volume, I personally don't feel there is any advantage to placing anatomic implants for you. Given the amount of breast volume that you have, you can achieve a very natural result with round implants and avoid the firmness and possibility of rotation that anatomic implants present.