Can Bellafil be used on the forehead and between the eyes?

Bellafill for the Forehead and Between the Eyebrows

This is an interesting question as many physicians would advise against injecting these areas with any filler. This is largely because of the danger of inadvertently injecting the filler into a blood vessel and potentially causing blindness. That said, Bellafill can be injected there and some great results can be achieved with the benefit of the Bellafill building your own tissue and that result being very long lasting. I have a number of patients who have been treated with Bellafill in these areas. I have added a web reference to the before and after results on one patient.

You should be aware that there are safety concerns with any filler in this area so make sure you see someone who uses a micro-cannula to inject and who has extensive experience injecting this area. I have added a video about safety of fillers for you.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Filler will not add a lot of volume to your brow or forehead if you are seeking to fill out your forehead. The forehead is a very large area .Brow lifts or forehead lifts will help to lift sagging brows, improve the look of your upper eyelids and help to smooth out a wrinkled brow or forehead with a lot of deep lines. Bella fill is not a good choice for this area. It will more than likely cause nodules there. I would recommend filler like Juvederm there.

I hope that helps.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician