Can I weight train at all after a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I like being fit, I only want to get a bbl to help fill in some denting and I want a rounder butt, because I'm squared shaped. I would eat more than I would train so that I can maintain my weight of 130 pounds. But would squatting or weight training ruin my bbl results?

Can I weight train at all after a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your BBL surgery. After 6 weeks you can start lifting and exercising. Follow your surgeons recommendations. Best Wishes.

Exercise after BBL

You can exercise after your fat transfer  to the buttock surgery however you should wait at least six to eight weeks before doing so. With weight loss after surgery there will be some reduction in buttock volume/size but you will also lose weight/fat in all areas of your body. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to determine if you are a good candidate.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL AND WEIGT TRAINING

If you get a BBL, you can still work out regularly after the procedure. You just need to consider that if you lose weight then the fat cells in your body will shrink in size and you may lose some of the volume from the injected fat in the buttocks, but also by exercising the muscles in the buttocks can increase in size too. You just need to avoid too much aerobic exercise that may use more of the fat tissue as source of energy and focus more in anaerobic exercise that uses your glycogen storage in your liver and muscles as a soruce of energy.

Exercise after a Brazilian

Exercise after a Brazilian.

In order for grafted or transferred fat to survive it requires to establish a new blood supply.

This process called neovascularization takes place during the first few weeks after the procedure.

During this time small capillaries gradually grow into each particle of grafted fat.

The fat will only survive a certain number of days without an active blood supply.

The new ingrowth of capillaries into the grafted fat is susceptible to being damaged from physical movement.

This is why most plastic surgeons recommend not putting pressure on the treated area and minimizing movement.

Different plastic surgeons will have a different recommendations but almost all recommend immobilization and avoidance of pressure after the procedure.

The first two weeks are by far the most important in terms of long-term survival of the fat grafting.
If you have not done so I recommend an in person consultation to first help determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.

You can then have an opportunity to go over specific post operative protocols. Best,

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Weight training after BBL

It will take a good 6-8 weeks for you to fully recover from a BBL.  The injected fat has to be protected and treated extremely gently for the first several weeks in order to maintain its shape as well as to allow a stable blood supply to form around the injected fat cells which ensures their survival. After a month or so one could resume cardio training but no serious weight training, particularly the type that requires sitting or laying on your buttocks, for another 2-4 weeks after that. I hope this infirmation helps!
Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Weight Training After BBL

Provided you do eat more than the calories that you expend weight training, I believe squats and other gluteus maximus training exercises will only enhance your results.  Good luck!