Tooth turning grey for no possible reason with no pain or sensitivity. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hi , As I'm in the process of cosmetic dental work I noticed that one of my teeth is turning grey. I noticed this after we bleached the teeth and did a gum lift procedure . there is also a gum lesion beside the tooth which I thought was because of the gum lift but it's been a week and it's not going away. I also don't have any problems with this tooth, it's nerve is working but it's not sensitive it also doesn't feel like it's decaying.

Necrotic nerve

My guess is that the nerve of this tooth is dying. It probably has been changing color and your teeth whitening highlighted the discoloration. The lesion on the gum is probably a fistula. I would advise testing for vitality and possible Root Canal Therapy.

Beverly Hills Dentist

Grey Tooth

I would suspect that the nerve of the tooth died (necrotic).  These teeth can be asymptomatic for long periods of time and then one day they can develop a fistula (bump on the gums).  The dead nerve can cause the tooth to discolor, often grey.  If this is the case the tooth requires a root canal and most likely a crown.  Good luck!

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist