What procedure can help sculpt cheeks and define my jawline better? (Photo)

What procedure can help sculpt cheeks and define my jawline better?

Cheek and Chin Augmentation

One of the best and easiest methods to improve the cheek and chin area is through Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma.  Through these simple injections, you can get a full correction and augmentation to improve the facial structure and rejuvenate the face.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these facial cosmetic injections.

Filler for jaw line improvement

Filler injections are easiest, safest and more predictable treatment option for improving the jaw line.  Implants are another option but more invasive, etc.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm Voluma® is the current gold standard treatment for enhancing and sculpting the cheeks. Expert injections like Dysport® injections for defining the jawline, although Ulthera® laser may be necessary if you have more extensive jawline sagging.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Sculpted face

A buccal fat pad removal will give you a more chiseled face.  It is done under local anesthesia through a 1cm incision on the inside of your cheek (no external scars).  Some cheek filler near your hairline can accentuate that more sculpted look as well.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Jawline contouring and Cheek Defining

There are many options for this type of treatment.  For jawline smart lipo/vaser/thermi are great surgical treatments to remove fat and contour/tighten the neck skin.  For non invasive, kybella and venus legacy or thermage work great.  Combination treatments are best, including adding botox/dysport to tighten and relax the platysma muscle that pulls the jaw and neck down.  Cheeks are easily defined with fillers , including fat for long term or voluma/radiesse/bellafill as alternative options.  Please only see an expert !Best, Dr. emer.

HA fillers such as Juvederm or Perlane will give you a great shape to your cheeks.  Women are very youthful and feminine when they have full, round, 'apple' cheeks...even when not smiling.  Your chin does appear a bit weak in this photo.  I believe a chin implant (or filler) would benefit you.  Having projection to the chin will better balance the lower half of your face.  The chin implant can be placed under local anesthesia (like the dentist) and the recovery is quick. 

Cheek and chin implant candidate

A full set of pictures are required before making any determination about cheek implants or  chin implants.   Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and desire more augmentation to the cheeks.  Chin implants are inserted when patients have a very weak and recessive chin profile and desire more projection of the chin. For many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Facial sculpting

Hello, Although you are smiling in the photo, it is obvious that you already have nice, full cheeks and I am not sure why, at this point, you would want more fullness to your cheeks.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Procedure to sculpt cheeks and jawline

Synthetic fillers can get good results but last 6 months to two years depending on the agent and often more than one type of agent should be used. Fat transfer is natural, can be used anywhere on the face and lasts for decades when properly performed. It is also an extremely sculptural material for countering the face. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

I need to see photographs with you not smiling or better yet a personal examination. Fillers have the advantage of being quick with no downtime but require doing this repeatedly.  Cheek implants are permanent and that is their advantage. Make sure you see a very experienced surgeon for this. You can have a trial with saline first or filler and then if you like this have implants done later.