Scar camouflage or treatment for Asian skin with breast augmentation scars? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation 2 years ago. Since I have darker Asian skin, my scar turned dark instead of light/white. I've tried everything from biocorneum, fractionated laser needling therapy, ex grade hydroquinone and retinol creams, and they have not lightened AT ALL. I am constantly covering them with makeup but it smudges almost immediately since they are in the crease under my breasts. I am single and dating and I am embarrassed for men to see the scars. Would a scar camo tattoo help?

Scar camouflage or treatment for Asian skin with breast augmentation scars?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Scar treatment in asian skin

Thank you for your photo. Asian skin often hyperpigments at the incision line after surgery. Since you are two years out, you may need more aggressive lightening treatments to remove the pigment. These include intense-pulsed light therapy and/or a combination of a microneedling with bleaching agents to lighten the skin. Tattooing may make the scar appear darker and may be counterproductive. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine your skin type to see what treatments are best for your skin. Jumping into the wrong treatment or the "newest" thing may even make your scar appear worse if your skin type is not taken into account. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, medical tattooing, Sculptra and fillers

Scars require a combination approach and a series of treatments to get improvement. I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, medical tattooing, Sculptra, subcision and fillers. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer