What do perky C cups really look like? (photo)

I'm a C cup but my breasts are super saggy and my areolas are extremely enlarged. I had a consult with a plastic surgeon about getting a reduction + lift but she thought only the lift was necessary and would slightly reduce the size of my breasts. The thing is I hate the thought of having even remotely large breasts and I want them as tiny as possible? What do you think my results would be with just a lift? (She's doing a lollipop incision to lift my breasts and greatly reduce my areolas). I'm very petite - 107 lbs and 5'4" so the large breasts hurt my back and look disproportionate.This picture is what my breasts look like now

Generally speaking, any time you have a lift, you lose a cup size. Breasts sag due to discrepancy between the skin envelope and the breast core. 
From the posted pictures, with a lift only, you will most likely end up with an average "C" cup or smaller. Lift will also address the size of your areolas. 
Best to have a consultation in person for proper evaluation and advice. 

Considerations for Cosmetic Breast Surgery

If you want a volume reduction, then get a reduction.A lift will not relieve the symptoms you describe. In looking at your photo it certainly would be reasonable to have only a lift, but the surgery is about making you happy.
As for the technique, a lollipop incision only describes the incision - not the technique. I prefer the Lejour technique to the Hall-findlay technique because of durability, shape and ease of scar healing.
All lift and reduction techniques will make the nipple areolar complex smaller. I give my patients three choices for areolar diameter - 38mm, 42mm and 45mm. A simple rule of thumb is that larger nipples and breast volumes get larger areolar diameters.
If you would like more information on breast lifts, please read my book " Cosmetic Breast Surgery - a complete guide from A to double D".

Robert M. Freund, MD

What do perky C cups really look like?

A vertical breast lift or reduction would be a reasonable option just based upon your photos. Find an expert in breast surgery who has great reviews and great before and after photos.

The ideal breast

Thank you for your question and photo.

Allow me to give you my opinion on what a perky breast should look like...
A youthful breast is not about size. What makes a female breast beautiful is a high position on the chest, skin tightness, symmetry, round shape, firmness, areolas that are proportionate to the size of the breast and the least amount of scars possible.
In your case, I would not give you a highly visible vertical scar, nor would I reduce the size of your breasts. Your breasts are causing back and neck pain because the weight of the breast is on your skin envelope pulling and aggravating your sensory nerves. There is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that does not require a vertical scar and that anchors your breast on to your chest muscle to provide long term results and relieve back/neck pain. So, you see a reduction is not necessary to alleviate the pain. Your chest muscles will carry the weight for you. Your areolas will be reduced and your breasts will be reshaped and repositioned higher on the chest wall. Should you insist on a reduction, it can be achieved with the same technique.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Circumvertical lift with reduction to the size desired

Thanks for your question. The difference between a breast lift with a circumvertical approach vs a reduction only includes the removal of breast tissue mostly from the lateral and inferior breast, and both would have the same incisions and skin removal from your breast and could incorporate reduction of your areola. You would really just need to decide if your current breast size in a good support bra is something you are happy with vs too big. You could have a nice perky result either way. You would have better skin excision with a final anchor pattern scar, but a perkier look with the vertical approach and either lift or reduction. if your surgeon has extensive experience with vertical lift/reduction procedures, she can achieve great results and a perky breast with small areolas. The inferior pedicle breast reduction is very reliable, but often produces a flatter breast shape with limited projection. You should seek opinions from other board certified plastic surgeons before deciding.

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Reduction and Lift

If you want your breasts smaller, you could have them reduced safely. Given the degree of sag, your areolar width, and your desire for being small (and I assume tight), a formal type of anchor incision breast reduction would give you the best result. 

Any answers you get from this website does not replace an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon who is expert in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery. Risks, benefits, and alternatives will be discussed with you so that you can make the most informed decision possible. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

When the procedures are not covered by insurance

as your planned lift is not, you are in the driver's seat and should be able to dictate to your surgeon what you want done with your surgeon either agreeing to this or refusing to do what you want.  There is nothing unreasonable about having a limited reduction along with your lift determined by how much tissue you want removed with your procedures.  And make sure you are not billed for both procedures.  Perky can be  helped with the auto-augmentation technique where tissue from the lower pole is skinned and then elevated and secured under the upper pole.  Anyway, if your surgeon isn't listening to you (and some don't) find another surgeon who can better appreciate your goals and desires.  Make sure some of your tissue is elevated to fill out the upper poles as a reduction alone does not do that.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Lift vs Reduction

I think you would be wise to get another 1 or 2 consultations. It doesn't sound like the last doctor listened to you. Also, you have a lot of skin to get rid of to get a significant lift, let alone reduction, and the anchor scar is much better at getting off all the excess skin. In any case an areola reductin can be done at the same time.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift vs. breast reduction

If your goal is to make your breasts as tiny as possible, then a breast reduction should be performed, not a breast lift. Hopefully, you have expressed your goals with your plastic surgeon to meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your questions and photo. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast lift or reduction?

A breast lift would address your concerns in regard the shape, position and areola size. A breast reduction could do all this also, but would also make your breasts smaller. The question is, do you feel your breast are too big or just too low and saggy. I usually ask my patients how do they feel about their breast size when they are up in a good supportive bra. If you feel they are about right size then, maybe only a lift. If you feel your breast are way too big up in the bra then you probably need a true reduction. Most of the patients I have had with your appearance have picked in between with a lift with small reduction.  That way I try to get exactly what they want. Discuss all this with your plastic surgeon.