Are these normal results after 4 weeks post-op Vaser hi-def lipo? Quite concerned (Photo)

Had Vaser hi def on the abs, flanks and lower back. Despite wearing the compression garmet 24/7 and repeated massages, there's still areas of concern I hope are normal healing. First, you can see my left side is much more puffed out then right, and I can grab a big chunk of fat/skin close to where the hip bone line goes down, as shown in photo. Swelling? Also I've had to be drained 4 times already due to repeated senomas which keep collecting in the same areas. Does this all look normal?

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ Liposuction/Fat Grafting/ BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Vaser Lipo.

Too early to tell.  Your are still swollen.  Continue massage, compression and exercise and follow up with your surgeon in one month.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Results from high definition liposuction

There's no way for us to give you an accurate assessment based on pictures without even comparing before pictures.

I suggest following up with your doctor and comparing before and after pictures and a couple of months.

Seromas should be drained frequently until they are gone completely.

Hopefully they're gone now but if they're not you should be in your doctors office on a regular basis having them drained.

Overall your results look good.

Remember fat is fat and skinny skinny.

Pinching skin is not A good way to determine liposuction results.

Instead look for the overall aesthetic result.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Post Liposuction Swelling/Seroma -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

You should be getting lymphatic massage, hyperbaric oxygen and RF treatments with your compression at this time.  This will help improve any swelling.  If the fluid continues to increase, you may have another seroma that needs needle drainage. To prevent scaring its best to get the proper aftercare.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser Hidef results

Seromas occur in 100% of all vaser hide procedures. In fact they occur in all liposuction but most surgeons do not recognize or treat them. I don't see your pre-treatment pictures to see what kind of asymmetry you had prior to procedure. The flank fullness may be edema, seroma or fat. You will know in 3-6 months. Otherwise, the results look good for 4 weeks. you can always pinch skin. continue to follow your surgeons instructions.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon