Microdermabrasion vs laser hair removal?

I am an Indian female in my late twenties. I have been getting facial laser hair removal for a while. I want to try getting my old acne (dark marks) to go away with microneedling. Some forrums I have read encourage men go use microneedling as a way to promote beard growth. Since my facial hair is hormonal I am worried will microneedling encourage more hair to grow Ps yes I know laser has little long term effect on my face hair reduction unless I take pills for hormones but I use it for cleaning

PIH from acne is not treated with microneedling

Microneedling will improve scarring from acne but will not improve the pigmenation. Chemical peels, hydroquinones, possibly lasers are the treatment for pigmentation problems. It is true that microneedling does promote hair growth. Retin A is also a good skin care product for pigmentation.

​​PicoSure for Hyperpigmentation & Acne Scars

We use the PicoSure Laser with the FOCUS lens array everyday treating pigment, fine lines and scars.  It is safe for all skin types.  We warn our patients that their skin may be come blotchy and pigment may appear darker for the next 3-5 days, although in rare cases it may last up to 2 weeks. 

The PicoFOCUS gently delivers bursts of energy deep in the dermis without causing harm to the overlaying skin.  The pulses work to break up pigment and stimulates new collagen and elastin production.  Your body’s own healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and ramps up skin turnover.  Some pigment will actually travel to the surface making it initially appear darker.  We normally recommend a series of 4 treatments; 1 every 4 weeks.  Do not be concerned if your pigment goes away and then comes back within days to weeks; pigment is usually multiple layers deep and clears layer by layer.

Microdermabrasion is usually not effective at eliminating hyperpigmentation.  We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Facial Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, ultherapy, botox, peels, skin lightening, microneedling/PRP

dark spots do best with a combination of peels, skin care, microneedling/PRP And lasers.  devices like clear and brilliant and aerolase do great in darker skin.  I suggest seeing an expert. microneedling doesn't cause hair growth.  Best, Dr. Emer.