Laser Hair Removal in the bikini area resulting in hyperpigmentation?? Is this normal?

I had done 2 seaaions laser hair removal in bikini area and inner thigh 2 months apart, but i noticed that the area is getting darker specially inbetween thighs and to some extent the pubic area and labia.. the question is laser causes hyperpigmentation or make the area darker ? Whats my treatment ?

Hyperpigmentation after Laser Hair Removal

Yes, there is a risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation following laser hair removal. I recommend following up with your Dr. for after care. A combination of lightening creams and/or peels can help resolve PIH. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Hyperpigmentation in bikini line

I'm not sure what kind of laser was used on your skin and what your skin tone is, but done correctly you should not have any hyper-pigmentation. If the wrong wavelength is used on darker skin, this can occur. Also if the correct wavelength is used, but "turned up" too much this could also be a problem. Make sure you let your provider know that you are experiencing these issues.