How long does Restylane in jawline last?

I had 3 syringes of Restylane objected along jawline/marrionette (didn't need it, but surgeon suggested it and I conceded). Looked terrible, so I had it dissolved (a few rounds). It looks like there is still some filler there after the Hyalase. How long will it last?

How long does it take to dissolve hyaluronic acid?

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Typically, most of the filler can be dissolved within a few hours following the injection of Vitrase. Sometimes an additional injection is required. Make sure expert injectors perform your treatments.  Good luck,

Facial Fillers: Dissolving it and how long does it last?

Facial fillers from the Restylane and Juvederm family of fillers are made of hyaluronic acid. This type of filler is reversible with an enzyme, hyaluronidase. Dissolving the filler is less precise than injecting it. so it may take a few sessions to safely dissolve the filler. Any residual filler will dissipate over time. The timeframe depends on the specific filler. Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft will last longer than Juvederm Ultra and Restylane Silk. 

It's important to have a conservative approach toward injecting filler. You can always add more later to achieve a safe and happy result. Safety comes first first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers/ Sculptra, Ultherapy/Thermage, ThermiRF/VASER Lipo, fat injections, implants

I suggest a formal consultation to determine what look you are going for.  HA fillers last 6-12 months in this area.    I like sculptra as a base with Voluma,  Lfyt or Radiesse on top.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Residual restyle

Hey Clare- thanks for your question!

Depends on when you had the hyalase injected? It starts working immediately but will and does result in a bit of swelling from the injection etc. this may contribute to what you're seeing. 

3 syringes is a lot so it may take a bit (I know you've had 3 treatments to melt it..) of Hyalase to melt away all that filler. 

The filler itself will last about 1yr. but it may help you to think of it as a tire with a slow leak. i.e. there will be less filler there in 4mo then there is now. 

Hope this helps and God Bless!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician

How long does Restylane last in jawline?

I would not expect Restylane along the jawline to last more than several months.  If you feel there is still some Restylane present after you had it dissolved with Hyalase, it is possible that another treatment with Hyalase could improve it further.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon