How long does Restylane last in the chin area?

I am looking into having chin injections to bring my chin forward. I was wondering how long it would last and if Juvederm Ultra would be a better option?

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

Fillers do great for this area, often more than one syringe is needed. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse, Lyft for Chin

Hi Skaka.  In the chin, we usually use a filler like Restylane Lyft or Radiesse, but have also used Restylane as well.  Depending on the amount of product and the type of product used, you can expect 6-12 months duration.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fillers For Chin Augmentation

The chin usually needs a bulkier filler to achieve augmentation. I would recommend Restylane Lyft, Juvederm Ultra Plus or Voluma depending on an in-person examination. Results can last anywhere from 6 months to 1.5 years. Typically multiple syringes will be needed to achieve desired results. Make sure you find an experienced injector.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Restylane and Juvederm Ultra

Thank you for your question. Restylane products come in Restylane Silk, Restylane L, and Restylane Lyft. Juvederm products come in Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, and VOLUMA. Fillers can vary in how long they last depending on the location they are injected. The more movement one has in an area, the faster it will breakdown. In the chin, I would only recommend the "thicker" products like Juvederm Ultra Plus, Restylane Lyft, or VOLUMA because they stay in place to create the most volume and lift to help build and shape your chin. In my experience,  Juvederm Ultra Plus and Restylane Lyft tend anywhere from 10 months to a year in the chin whereas VOLUMA can last for 12-18 months. Hope this helps!!
Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Longevity of Fillers

On average, Restylane will last 4-6 months, varying from person to person. Juvederm Ultra usually lasts a little bit longer, around 6 months on average. Many practices advertise fillers as longer lasting but the truth is that they are something that needs to be maintained, provided you are happy with the result, two to three times per year. I would not choose filler based solely on how long lasting it is, as these fillers are not the same. It is very important for your doctor to discuss which one is right for your specific needs and goals. 

Dennis Gross, MD

Juvederm in the chin

Juvederm products typically last about 6 months, regardless of where they are injected. Juvederm ultraplus is a more cross linked than the regular Juvederm so it will feel firmer and provide more volume filling.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Try Voluma or Restylane Lift

Thanks for the great question! Although restylane is a really good hyaluronic acid (HA) filler. It typically only lasts for 6-12 months. For chin injections voluma and restylane lift might be better options as they typically last about twice as long (1-2 years). They are excellent fillers for deep injections such as in the chin area. Make sure to see an experienced injector for an evaluation and as about other longer term fillers. Best of luck in your area!~Dr. Sieber

Fillers for chin

Thank you for sharing your question. Injection of fillers into the area of the chin is an excellent option for augmentation. There are many products available on the market and an expert can help tailor the right option to your individual needs. Most fillers will last 1-2 years. I hope this helps.  Good luck,