How to lighten cafe au lait birthmark? (Photo)

Im 18 and I have a little birthmark between my cheek and my mouth. The inside of the mark has those little dotted birthmarks (idk what they're called). Since its close to my mouth everyone always thinks i have dirt or food and it makes me self conscious. Is there a way to lighten it? Naturally specifically. I can't afford those fancy laser removals. Thanks! By the way, the picture sucks but it's the best i could find.

Birthmark Removal from Cheek

Skin biopsy might be warranted to rule out skin malignancy or atypical changes.

After that, you may benefit from treatment with a Q switched 532:1064 Nd:YAG laser such as the RevLite Laser.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

QSL and birthmarks- all in the video

Q Switch lasers. I would opt for this treatment. The facts are-

-50-70% of CALMS respond to QSL
- you need upto 4-5 treatments
-if you have darker skin type we do a test spot
-50% may recur, but can be retreated. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser or Surgery for Birthmark Removal

Hi Joss.  Birthmarks cannot be removed with natural remedies.  We use q-switched lasers and the only other method than lasers is to have it removed surgically.  To give you an idea, for your situation, we would normally charge $275 per visit and estimate 2-4 visits to remove it.  Good luck.

To see other Los Angeles birthmark removal before and after pictures, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD