Laser tattoo removal treatment, blister broke open and skin came out, new skin yet to grow, will it scar?

I recently underwent my third laser tattoo removal treatment and it blistered a lot, and i tried to remove the liquid from the blister and popped open the blister and skin got pelled, will i have a scar now? and im waiting for new skin to grow . Earler i gave 4 weeks between treatments, this time healing process will be longer and it will be new skin, so how much gap should i give between treatments

Blistering is sign of a burn with laser tattoo removal

Although blistering sometimes does occur with tattoo removal, it's not the desired outcome. The skin must completely heal prior to future treatments. I usually wait about 6 weeks between treatments. Make sure you consult with your doctor regarding wound care.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Treatments should typically be performed in 4-6 week intervals, but you need to allow adequate healing before undergoing another treatment. Please consult with a laser expert to ensure you do not burn/blister again. Best, Dr. Emer

Healing between tattoo laser treatments

Hi Jacyna.  Blisters are generally not a good thing during the tattoo removal process.  Depending on the density of the ink, sometimes they are unavoidable, but generally speaking, your provider should be trying to avoid a treatment that causes blisters as the chance of scarring increases.  The question you are asking (how long between treatments) is a question for your provider, but in our practice, depending on how well patients heal, it's at least 6-8 weeks between treatments and almost never 4.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD