Will my tattoo ever go away? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Laser tattoo removal
It appears to be healing properly. However, it seems you will have some residual hyperpigmentation. This can resolve on its own but you can try a lightening agent to help speed up the process.
Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser
This pigment is due to the inflammation which occurs during the healing process. It does fade over time but often slowly. A topical lightening agent can be helpful such as this one below which you can order online from ZO Skin Health. If the topical alone is not working fast enough you could explore having an IPL treatment done to the area.
Lisa Vuich, MD
ZO® MEDICAL$80Brightamax™ Non-Hydroquinone Non-Facial Skin Brightening Crème
75 mL / 2.5 Fl. Oz.
A full body treatment formulated to help reduce skin discoloration and even skin tone.
- Skin brightening properties
- Antioxidants help protect and defend the skin against environmental stressors
- Soothes and helps reduce appearance of redness
- Helps to hydrate the skin
- High potency retinol and ascorbic acid-2 glucoside: Breaks up existing pigmentation and increases cell turnover to rapidly brighten and even skin tone
- Glutathione, soy isoflavones and N-acetyl glucosamine: Prevents new age spots and uneven color
- Stachys officianalis: Helps block melanin production by blocking messengers triggering melanogenesis
- Vitamins C and E: Provides antioxidant properties
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.