What non-invasive procedures are available for sagging jowls, double chin and crepey neck? (Photo)

My jowls are sagging, double chin and crepey neck. I dislike the entire puffy/doughy area around chin, mouth and chin. Chipmunk cheeks/droopy jowls run in my family and now at 48 it looks like the last few years have caught up! I have considered fillers to improve the contour but have concerns this would only add more of a puffy look to my face after time. I prefer more "chiseled" look to my chin line. What type of skin tightening procedures are available w/o going under the knife?

Ultherapy

Ultherapy or focused ultrasound tightening of the skin of the face and lower neck is one of the most commonly used non surgical treatments for lower facial tightening.  It does not achieve the results of a faceclift but can help your current situation.  There are also other radiofrequency based treatments that may help.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

A combination of a radiofrequency lift, injection lipolysis and a laser resurfacing would be needed.

Monopolar radiofrequency to the jowl region would help tighten the jawline and reduce sagging. This may require a few sessions over the first year, and a session or two for yearly maintenance.  For the double chin, injection lipolysis can give significant results over a series of sessions. Finally, to improve the texture, a resurfacing laser would be great.
Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Non invasive skin tightening

We have found Ulthera, a high intensity focused ultrasound treatment, to be effective in non surgically tightening the soft tissues of the face and neck. This may be done alone or in addition to laser skin treatments. Find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area for an evaluation and to discuss potential treatment options.

Sagging Jowls, Double Chin and Crepey Neck Treatment

Dear nouveaumoi:

Upon thorough facial exam, you would likely benefit from mid and lower face augmentation with dermal fillers, along with Botox treatment of the mentalis muscle of the chin as well as treatment of the double chin with Belkyra (Kybella in the USA).  Hope this information helps.

Non-surgical face lift options

You look like you would be a great candidate non-surgical options to improve appearance of your skin along your neck and jowls, and for reduction of wrinkles. A face lift would be the most permanent solution to address your areas of concern, but there are a number of non-surgical options that you may be interested in as well:

Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)Improving your wrinkles: Botox
2)Improving your loss of volume: Radiesse
3)Improving your texture: Erbium facial resurfacing.
4)Improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency

To reduce prominence and tighten your skin without surgical anesthesia, you can consider a combination of liposuction to remove unwanted fat and subsequent Viora reaction radiofrequency tightening of your skin all done without surgical anesthesia. Please make a consultation to provide you details of these two minimally invasive procedures.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Noninvasive treatment options.

Hello, and thank you for this question. Although, I cannot see your entire face I do have several potential options for you. We have found that Ultherapy can provide some nonsurgical tightening. In addition to that through a minimally invasive option such as Vaser liposuction we can contour some of the neck and lower jowl area. In addition to that, injectable fillers, skin care and laser resurfacing may be helpful for both volume and skin textural issues. Also, an evaluation from a well-trained aesthetician would be in order. Certainly at a formal consultation all of this can be discussed and a detailed physical examination carried out. 

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is a Non Invasive Procedure Available

Thanks for your question and let’s set the record straight – there are plenty of non-surgical options that are out there that can help you – so anyone who says surgery only needs to know that non-surgical procedures are some of the most popular cosmetic procedures being performed today, and they are being performed because they work.

Some of your options include combination therapy with a filler for the volume loss on your face and either Ultherapy or one of the radiofrequency (RF) procedures for the neck and jowls. I would consider using Voluma or Perlane into the mid face areas to replace volume. Then Ultherapy, or fractional ultrasound, can work very well on tightening of the neck and lower face and jowls. One Ultherapy treatment is usually all that is needed. Or one can have a series of RF skin tightening procedures with some of the more sophisticated RF devices – the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, the Alma Accent or VShape, of the Exilis Elite – all work here.

In addition, a good skin care routine is important and I would recommend consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all the newer options and what is best for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving face and neck without surgery

Thank you for your question about a non-surgical face lift.

Laser and peels of the neck will give you some tightening. 
You will need a series of treatments.

Fillers can soften the appearance of the jowls. 
But for a chiseled look and permanent results, there is no non-surgical treatment.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Chiseled appearance to the jawline

I can only see the photo that you have posted, but I'm imaging in a profile you may have a slightly weak or retrusive chin.  Obviously, a proper physical exam would be necessary in order to give you other solutions.  I recommend seeking out a Board-Certified plastic surgeon who will accurately examine you and formulate a plan tailored to your needs and wishes. Good luck!

Non-Surgical treatments for face and neck

I find that most patients who come seeking rejuvenation benefit the most from having a combination of treatments.Ultherapy would address the issue of droopy cheeks and jowls and saggy neck. The results would be modest but useful. Filler could also futher help improve lifting the cheeks and oral commisures and lips. Botx could reduce the cottage cheese chin.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist