What can be done with a sagging jowl and turkey neck without having surgery? (photo)

Non-surgical fixes

Hi.  Well, there's no doubt that a surgical facelift would give you the best result.

Personally, I have been under-whelmed by the results seen with Ultherapy, so I can't recommend it.

If you don't mind a little procedure done under local anesthesia, you could also consider the ThermiTight.

What can be done with a sagging jowl and turkey neck without having surgery?

While the short scar facelifts of today have a very quick recovery and healing time, some people just don't want to have surgery!  I do use the Protege Elite machine.  The results achieve a younger look with no downtime!  Using a series of 5-6 treatments, you can rejuvenate your face by tightening the skin; lifting the tissues; building and promoting new Collagen!  Adding some fillers may be just the thing for you!

Voluma for cheek enhancement

If you are looking for a filler to instantly volumize the mid-face area I recommend Voluma. Voluma is a facial filler that can last up to two years and will instantly volumize the cheeks giving you a younger appearance. Consult with your doctor to make sure this is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Non-surgical options to treat jowls and neck

Surgery would normally provide the most improvement with jowls and a turkey neck.  If you are absolutely against any surgical intervention, you could try Ultherapy, which is a non-invasive tightening procedure that uses ultrasound.  Ultherapy could not give you the same improvement as surgery would, but it is possible you could get some mild improvement with it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I disagree with my dermatologic colleague as to the acceptable improvements seen with NON surgical therapies in measuring the results and the expense. Over all surgical intervention achieves a much improved result at the same cost. But you are the patient and need to decide...  

Thank you for your question. I would urge you to save your money and not have non surgical skin tightening eg Ulthera, radiofrequency and others. The best results are 20% tightening-you will not see the improvement in the mirror but will have to be shown before and after photos to prove a benefit.

Wait until you can have a face and neck lift by an experienced surgeon. That will produce results that you can see and enjoy.

Non-surgical face lift options

You look like you would be a great candidate non-surgical options to improve appearance of your skin along your neck and jowls, and for reduction of wrinkles. A face lift would be the most permanent solution to address your areas of concern, but there are a number of non-surgical options that you may be interested in as well:

Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)Improving your wrinkles: Botox
2)Improving your loss of volume: Radiesse
3)Improving your texture: Erbium facial resurfacing.
4)Improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency

To reduce prominence and tighten your skin without surgical anesthesia, you can consider a combination of liposuction to remove unwanted fat and subsequent Viora reaction radiofrequency tightening of your skin all done without surgical anesthesia. In combination, these procedures can give dramatic results for improving sagging jowls and a crepey neck. Please make a consultation to provide you details of these two minimally invasive procedures.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Non surgical neck treatments

Turkey necks are best corrected with a neck or facelift.  Ultherapy may be of some benefit but will not completely correct the problem.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Rising Popularity of Non-surgical Facelifts

For the most dramatic, and long-lasting results, I agree that a surgical solution would be the best way to address your sagging jowls and turkey neck. Still, you are not alone in wishing to avoid the risks and recovery time of surgery. In fact, these days, more and more facelift candidates are opting for non-surgical procedures. From my experience, the best among these is Ultherapy, particularly for lifting and tightening the mid- and lower face, where the folds from nose to mouth and mouth to chin deepen as we age. Ultherapy will lift the skin to smooth out those lines over the course of 3+ months. It will also lift and tighten the loose skin under the chin and around the neck to produce a firmer, more defined jawline and neck. Ultherapy is a one-time, 90-minute ultrasound treatment that requires no downtime. Better yet, you can combine the treatment with filler injections if you want to augment or extend the results.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Many Options for You

Thanks for your question and as you can see there are a lot of opinions out there on what may best for you. You need to consult with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, and in your case, you may want to consult with both. The plastic surgeons commenting are recommending a surgical face-lift, and this may be a good option for you. But there is definite improvement that can be achieved by a non-surgical procedure, whether using fractionated ultrasound (Ultherapy) or radiofrequency (RF) with some of the more sophisticated skin tightening devices. Ultherapy works very well in many with a single treatment and the RF devices - the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, the Alma Accent or VShape, of the Exilis Elite – all work here over a series of treatments. Consult with both groups of doctors and make a decision that works best for you.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon