I have a weird lip shape. How can I correct it and through what procedure?

My lips look kind of scrunched up when I relax my facial muscles. It looks okay when I am smiling but I can't always keep on smiling. It is narrow from corner to corner and asymmetrical compared to the rest of my face. Also I have noticed that the corners of my mouth are dropping and I am only 19. I would like to reduce the size of my lips if possible or at least make it look even. What kind of procedure do you recommend and where can I get them done? BTW I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Doctor Answers 2

Lip Lift Or Fillers?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you seek a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your desired goals and results.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 100 reviews

Treating weird lip shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would get assessed in person by an expert injector such as a dermatologist. The best starting point would be to try a hyaluronic acid-based filler such as Juvederm or Restylane to try and balance out the lips and to lift the drooping corners of your mouth.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.