3 weeks post op Brazilian Butt Lift with hip fat transfer. When can I start sitting and sleeping on my back? (photos)

I had bbl with hip fat transfer 3 wks ago. I also had liposuction to my abdomen inner/ outer thighs, waist, and banana rolls. I have very minimal bruising and swelling has come down a lot. Please advise

Sleeping/Sitting after BBL

Hi there,

You are allowed to sit and lay on your back after 3 weeks following the surgery. However, even though it has been three weeks, try to put the pressure on your thighs rather than your buttock whenever possible. You can buy a "Booty Buddy" in order to sit properly after the BBL. The Booty Buddy will help put less pressure on the buttock, and more pressure on the thighs. Final results can be seen within 6-8 weeks. I hope that helps! 

Sincerely,
Dr. James Fernau M.D.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

When can I start sitting and sleeping on my back?

You should be able to go on with your normal life at this point.  Again it sound like you are healing well
.

Marco Gonzalez, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after BBL

Your photo shows a very nice result! I'm happy to hear that you are feeling well and mostly recovered.

The reason to avoid sitting following fat transfer in the BBL is to allow the fat to obtain a new blood supply.  Squeezing or putting pressure on the area can reduce this.  Most of this has been accomplished in the first three weeks, but some surgeons will prefer you avoid pressure to this region for 4-6 weeks.  Similarly, different surgeons have different protocols about wearing garments, exercise, and return to work. My recommendation is to talk to your surgeon, who will tell you what he/she has had the most success with.  Good luck!

Better to ask your surgeon

Ask your surgeon about this. They should give a better answer because they know your situation. I would say it's okay at this point.

Ronald Levine, MD

From your description, your recovery seems to be on track. Best is to consult with your surgeon. Surgeons vary in terms of their aftercare protocols following BBL surgery.

Maan Kattash, MD, FRCS, FACS