Fractora, Forma, Ultherapy-Dermatologist reviews

As soon as I heard about Ultherapy I was excited, but after having it done at a 'aesthetic spa' - heard bad stories and I also found out they did not know how to do it correctly [me=guinea pig] It seems that depending on the skills or training of the PA or DR. it will not reach the level needed for firming. Is this the case with Fractora and Forma? I would like to 'try' it, based on the reviews. No 'plastic surgery 'answers. I will not cut my face. Lasers or non-invasive answers only please.

Skin tightening options

Thank you for your question bernie001. There are multiple non-surgical options for skin tightening including Ultherapy by Merz and Fractora and Forma by Inmode. There are many other options as well. In our office we use Ultherapy and SkinTyte, a laser based skin tightening treatment using infrared light. Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to stimulate new collagen formation in the deeper layers skin, the same layers that are addressed in a surgical facelift (SMAS). Radiofrequency devices such as Fractora and Forma heat a general area in the more surface portions of the skin stimulating new collagen there. There are multiple layers in the skin where collagen exists and stimulating the formation of collagen in multiple layers is very beneficial. So multiple modalities can be used, even on the same day.
With any treatment there are patients who get better results than others. It is important for patients to have a consultation so they know what will happen and what to expect. People who have unrealistic expectations are frequently unhappy with their results and are at times very vocal about it. It is difficult to know who does treatments well as there is an art with just about all treatments. Most people look for experience with a treatment, before and after pictures of actual patients, and reviews or testimonials to find the doctor that is best for them. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Ultherapy Results

Great question!

I agree that it’s important to have an experienced practitioner performing your Ultherapy. We have our NP and PA’s perform it in my practice and each of them have > 10 yrs experience in aesthetics and energy devices. In addition, they are performing Ultherapy treatments daily. For the right candidate, Ultherapy can be the best and safest non-surgical option available for skin lifting and tightening. I recommend a consultation with an office that performs them daily and with a very experienced practitioner.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy is both tech and doctor driven

Agree with Dr Emer. For the best results we rely on BOTH the device, and also the technician, namely the doctor or specialist performing the procedure. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy and Long Term Results

Ultherapy does great in our practice but me the MD does the procedure and does extra lines.  I suggest you see a nexpert.  A lot of the devices requires skill and expertise for results.  Best, Dr. emer.

Non-Invasive Skin Tightening

Have you had before and after pictures to track your Ultherapy progress? If not, you should. There are several non-invasive and minimally-invasive options out there that all treat different concerns. You need an in-person evaluation and consultation to determine which treatment is most appropriate for you. The consultation should be performed by a physician who has several options at his/her disposal. Not a nurse, PA, or esthetician. For those who have more laxity that can be treated effectively with Ultherapy then I would recommend ThermiTight as the best option. Best wishes. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Cosmetic procedures

It appears that you've been on this site for a long time with 44 posts, so I believe you are well informed and know that we would recommend that you need to be seen in person by a qualified physician. Also, your premise regarding Ulthera is not correct and the final outcome of the treatment is more dependent on proper patient selection than the "skill" of the provider.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon