What can be expected from the first SculpSure treatment?

What would you tell a person who is worried about potential pain both during and after the treatment.

First Treatment of SculpSure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
After determining what areas of concern are going to be treated a framework will be placed over that particular area. The applicators are then attached to this framework. SculpSure is able to offer a nearly pain free solution due to its 1060nm hyperthermic laser technology that was exclusively selected for this procedure. This laser wavelength heats the fat to the exact temperature necessary to destroy fat cells without impacting skin and tissue. The first 4 minutes of the treatment are spent warming the treatment area with the laser to heat up the fat cells under the skin. The next 21 minutes are spent with the laser cycling through 25 second warming phases and 10 second cooling phases. The cooling phases prevent the laser from over-heating the skin, but allow the fat cells to remain heated to the optimal temperature during the treatment. The damaged fat cells are naturally absorbed and eliminated from the body over time.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

1st sculpsure treatment

It's pretty easy to do - takes about 25 minutes, very low level of discomfort.  After about 6-8 weeks people seem to start to notice the effect.  By 10 weeks it is fairly obvious.  The great thing is you can continue to get treatments every few weeks.  And - the fat cells are destroyed - which means it would be extremely hard to that area to be a problem ever again!

SculpSure Lack of Pain

Being on of the first physicians in the world to have SculpSure, I am pleased to report everyone reports almost no discomfort during the treatment.  Unlike Coolsculpt, there is no suction pain and no post-treatment numbness or tingling.  While 10% or more Coolsculpt patients have a constant itching / tingling sensation after their treatment, we have not seen any such complaint with #SculpSure.  

After treatment, there is absolutely no "downtime".  You can work out immediately afterwards with no discomfort.  

Enjoy your treatment,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#SculpSure, #CoolSculpt, #Vanquish, #UltraShape, #Velashape, #Exilis, #liposuction, #fatreduction, #noninvasive, #nonsurgical, #fatremoval, #pooch, #tummytuck, #saddlebags, #Cynosure, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain level

I've done it to two areas on myself. It doesn't hurt - it shouldn't hurt. If it does, the energy should be lowered. It goes back and forth between heating and cooling, and is almost like a weird massage. Just when it's about to become uncomfortable on the heating end, the cooling end kicks in. In the patients I have treated, I have noticed that those with more adipose tend to need a decrease in the energy; those with minimal fat usually need to kick up the power. Just what I've seen. 

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Norristown Plastic Surgeon

You will feel SculpSure working - but it won't be painful.

Many non-invasive fat reduction technologies have gotten the reputation of being very uncomfortable during or after treatment. SculpSure is different.
We’ve treated 10 patients over the past 2 weeks, and everyone has had about the same reaction: you’re going to feel a warming sensation, but it’s not painful. If you find a particular spot has warmed to an uncomfortable level, the nurse is able to adjust the treatment in that area, by turning down the laser on that panel. A warmer treatment is not necessarily a more effective treatment, so do let the nurse know if you’re feeling too warm in certain spot. For the few patients who have asked for the laser intensity to be adjusted, the correction has been quick and the treatment has been comfortable from that point on.
In studies, patients indicated an average 3/10 level of discomfort. You will feel it working, but it won’t be painful.
Our office prides itself on being early adopters of the most effective treatments. That’s why we were the very first office in the world to own a SculpSure machine. We LOVE this technology because it’s fast, comfortable, and effective – everything our patients ask for!

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Our first Sculpsure treatment experiences

We treated our first 5 patients this past week including myself. This is a non-invasive laser treatment with 4 “PACS” that can be configured in various patterns. It is a 25 minute treatment of cycles of heating and cooling, and is very tolerable. I had my flanks done, with all 4 PACS on each side, 25 minutes each and although one is aware of the heating, I was talking and working on my computer the entire time. I have been active, swimming and exercising since treatment day, and there is occasional minimal soreness in the areas but that is it. The other patients were women in their 30’s and all have reported similar experiences.

Michael Schwartz, MD

First SculpSure Treatment

Thanks for your question!

Sculpsure uses laser to destroy subcutaneous fat cells that your body then reabsorbs.  In our experience (and having it done to myself!) it has a cycling effect that heats the skin in short bursts that can become somewhat uncomfortable, then it cools.  It actually gets easier as the treatment progresses and truly lasts only  25 minutes.  The skin actually feels cool when you touch it after the laser is removed.  

Afterward, you can return to work immediately.  You will want to drink plenty of water and massage the area that was treated twice daily.  You see the results over the next 8-12 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Dr. L

SculpSure Treatment

This 25 minute non-invasive body contouring treatment is well tolerated as a system for reduction of stubborn fat. Every patient is different however, most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which again, is generally well tolerated. Look for a complimentary consultation in your area to find out if you are a candidate.

Moderate Pain

SculpSure is not a painless procedure, however, I would argue that it is much better tolerated than most of effective non-invasive lipolysis device.  In our practice, most patient are able to tolerate the "maximum" energy without requiring any additional pain control.   The device has two mechanisms of pain control 1) adjustable energy levels, and 2) cooling mechanism that gives patient a "break" during procedure.   Additionally, patient generally do not have any significant residual pain after the session other than mild local tenderness.  

Chang Son, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Sculpsure results in at least 24% fat reduction in area of treatment per treatment session

This is completely dependent on your own body. Your body decides how fast it disposes of your dead fat cells. Everyone’s body metabolizes these cells differently and while you should start seeing results around 6 weeks after your first treatment, you might not see your final results until about 12 weeks out. SculpSure treatments do require some patience but the benefits far outweigh the extra time.*