What can be expected from the first SculpSure treatment?

What would you tell a person who is worried about potential pain both during and after the treatment.

First Treatment of SculpSure

After determining what areas of concern are going to be treated a framework will be placed over that particular area. The applicators are then attached to this framework. SculpSure is able to offer a nearly pain free solution due to its 1060nm hyperthermic laser technology that was exclusively selected for this procedure. This laser wavelength heats the fat to the exact temperature necessary to destroy fat cells without impacting skin and tissue. The first 4 minutes of the treatment are spent warming the treatment area with the laser to heat up the fat cells under the skin. The next 21 minutes are spent with the laser cycling through 25 second warming phases and 10 second cooling phases. The cooling phases prevent the laser from over-heating the skin, but allow the fat cells to remain heated to the optimal temperature during the treatment. The damaged fat cells are naturally absorbed and eliminated from the body over time.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Minimal pain, no restrictions on activity

I personally had this treatment done 4 weeks ago. I had my lower abs done, and it really did take a tad over 25 minutes. Pain during this time was nil to minimal. We started on the default setting, then at the 10 minute mark I raised the level to just below maximum. Pain during that time as 2-3 out of 10! 

After the procedure, no pain at all. I was back exercising (running) the next day. Had mild discomfort on one applicator site (1 out of 10), resolved very quickly. This really is a no downtime, comfortable procedure. 

I can start to see results now (4 weeks post), however the company says it does take up to 12 weeks for optimal outcomes. I ll make a video shortly about my experience as a Specialist and what I really think of the device. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 
Fiori Institute. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

1st sculpsure treatment

It's pretty easy to do - takes about 25 minutes, very low level of discomfort.  After about 6-8 weeks people seem to start to notice the effect.  By 10 weeks it is fairly obvious.  The great thing is you can continue to get treatments every few weeks.  And - the fat cells are destroyed - which means it would be extremely hard to that area to be a problem ever again!

SculpSure Lack of Pain

Being on of the first physicians in the world to have SculpSure, I am pleased to report everyone reports almost no discomfort during the treatment.  Unlike Coolsculpt, there is no suction pain and no post-treatment numbness or tingling.  While 10% or more Coolsculpt patients have a constant itching / tingling sensation after their treatment, we have not seen any such complaint with #SculpSure.  

After treatment, there is absolutely no "downtime".  You can work out immediately afterwards with no discomfort.  

Enjoy your treatment,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#SculpSure, #CoolSculpt, #Vanquish, #UltraShape, #Velashape, #Exilis, #liposuction, #fatreduction, #noninvasive, #nonsurgical, #fatremoval, #pooch, #tummytuck, #saddlebags, #Cynosure, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Bellaire Dermatologic Surgeon

Pain level

I've done it to two areas on myself. It doesn't hurt - it shouldn't hurt. If it does, the energy should be lowered. It goes back and forth between heating and cooling, and is almost like a weird massage. Just when it's about to become uncomfortable on the heating end, the cooling end kicks in. In the patients I have treated, I have noticed that those with more adipose tend to need a decrease in the energy; those with minimal fat usually need to kick up the power. Just what I've seen. 

You will feel SculpSure working - but it won't be painful.

Many non-invasive fat reduction technologies have gotten the reputation of being very uncomfortable during or after treatment. SculpSure is different.
We’ve treated 10 patients over the past 2 weeks, and everyone has had about the same reaction: you’re going to feel a warming sensation, but it’s not painful. If you find a particular spot has warmed to an uncomfortable level, the nurse is able to adjust the treatment in that area, by turning down the laser on that panel. A warmer treatment is not necessarily a more effective treatment, so do let the nurse know if you’re feeling too warm in certain spot. For the few patients who have asked for the laser intensity to be adjusted, the correction has been quick and the treatment has been comfortable from that point on.
In studies, patients indicated an average 3/10 level of discomfort. You will feel it working, but it won’t be painful.
Our office prides itself on being early adopters of the most effective treatments. That’s why we were the very first office in the world to own a SculpSure machine. We LOVE this technology because it’s fast, comfortable, and effective – everything our patients ask for!

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Our first Sculpsure treatment experiences

We treated our first 5 patients this past week including myself. This is a non-invasive laser treatment with 4 “PACS” that can be configured in various patterns. It is a 25 minute treatment of cycles of heating and cooling, and is very tolerable. I had my flanks done, with all 4 PACS on each side, 25 minutes each and although one is aware of the heating, I was talking and working on my computer the entire time. I have been active, swimming and exercising since treatment day, and there is occasional minimal soreness in the areas but that is it. The other patients were women in their 30’s and all have reported similar experiences.

Michael Schwartz, MD

SculptSure Is A Fast Way To Sculpt Your Body

SculpSure causes slight discomfort and only takes about 25 minutes to perform. Heat is used to destroy fat cells so they can be permanently eliminated from the body. However, the heat is not intense enough to burn or damage surrounding tissue or skin. The 1060nm hyperthermic laser actually cycles through both heating and cooling phases throughout the procedure. You will start to see results after about 1.5 to 2 months. Final results are usually visible at 10 weeks. For most patients, there is no need for downtime. You may be a little sore afterward, but can go back to your daily activities. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to learn how SculpSure can help you get the body you want

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Does SculpSure hurt?

This is a good question to ask before receiving a treatment.  We have treated many patients at our practice and have found the response pretty consistent from patient to patient.  It can be mildly uncomfortable--similar to a cramp. The laser cycles from heat to cool and as the patient begins to feel uncomfortable is usually right at the time the cool cycle starts and they feel fine.  It's best to read or play on your phone while having the procedure--something to distract yourself and make the time go by faster.  As for pain afterwards, I myself have had the treatment and I thought it felt like I had been doing sit-up--a mild soreness, tender.  Thank you for asking.

SculpSure Treatment

Most patients do not experience any discomfort or pain during a treatment. You will feel a warming sensation, but it should not be painful. If you do experience discomfort or pain, we will adjust the treatment until you feel comfortable.

Dennis Gross, MD