What can be expected from the first SculpSure treatment?

What would you tell a person who is worried about potential pain both during and after the treatment.

First Treatment of SculpSure

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
After determining what areas of concern are going to be treated a framework will be placed over that particular area. The applicators are then attached to this framework. SculpSure is able to offer a nearly pain free solution due to its 1060nm hyperthermic laser technology that was exclusively selected for this procedure. This laser wavelength heats the fat to the exact temperature necessary to destroy fat cells without impacting skin and tissue. The first 4 minutes of the treatment are spent warming the treatment area with the laser to heat up the fat cells under the skin. The next 21 minutes are spent with the laser cycling through 25 second warming phases and 10 second cooling phases. The cooling phases prevent the laser from over-heating the skin, but allow the fat cells to remain heated to the optimal temperature during the treatment. The damaged fat cells are naturally absorbed and eliminated from the body over time.

1st sculpsure treatment

It's pretty easy to do - takes about 25 minutes, very low level of discomfort.  After about 6-8 weeks people seem to start to notice the effect.  By 10 weeks it is fairly obvious.  The great thing is you can continue to get treatments every few weeks.  And - the fat cells are destroyed - which means it would be extremely hard to that area to be a problem ever again!

SculpSure Lack of Pain

Being on of the first physicians in the world to have SculpSure, I am pleased to report everyone reports almost no discomfort during the treatment.  Unlike Coolsculpt, there is no suction pain and no post-treatment numbness or tingling.  While 10% or more Coolsculpt patients have a constant itching / tingling sensation after their treatment, we have not seen any such complaint with #SculpSure.  

After treatment, there is absolutely no "downtime".  You can work out immediately afterwards with no discomfort.  

Enjoy your treatment,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#SculpSure, #CoolSculpt, #Vanquish, #UltraShape, #Velashape, #Exilis, #liposuction, #fatreduction, #noninvasive, #nonsurgical, #fatremoval, #pooch, #tummytuck, #saddlebags, #Cynosure, #RefreshDermatology

Pain level

I've done it to two areas on myself. It doesn't hurt - it shouldn't hurt. If it does, the energy should be lowered. It goes back and forth between heating and cooling, and is almost like a weird massage. Just when it's about to become uncomfortable on the heating end, the cooling end kicks in. In the patients I have treated, I have noticed that those with more adipose tend to need a decrease in the energy; those with minimal fat usually need to kick up the power. Just what I've seen. 

Anthony J. Taglienti, MD
Norristown Plastic Surgeon

You will feel SculpSure working - but it won't be painful.

Many non-invasive fat reduction technologies have gotten the reputation of being very uncomfortable during or after treatment. SculpSure is different.
We’ve treated 10 patients over the past 2 weeks, and everyone has had about the same reaction: you’re going to feel a warming sensation, but it’s not painful. If you find a particular spot has warmed to an uncomfortable level, the nurse is able to adjust the treatment in that area, by turning down the laser on that panel. A warmer treatment is not necessarily a more effective treatment, so do let the nurse know if you’re feeling too warm in certain spot. For the few patients who have asked for the laser intensity to be adjusted, the correction has been quick and the treatment has been comfortable from that point on.
In studies, patients indicated an average 3/10 level of discomfort. You will feel it working, but it won’t be painful.
Our office prides itself on being early adopters of the most effective treatments. That’s why we were the very first office in the world to own a SculpSure machine. We LOVE this technology because it’s fast, comfortable, and effective – everything our patients ask for!

Our first Sculpsure treatment experiences

We treated our first 5 patients this past week including myself. This is a non-invasive laser treatment with 4 “PACS” that can be configured in various patterns. It is a 25 minute treatment of cycles of heating and cooling, and is very tolerable. I had my flanks done, with all 4 PACS on each side, 25 minutes each and although one is aware of the heating, I was talking and working on my computer the entire time. I have been active, swimming and exercising since treatment day, and there is occasional minimal soreness in the areas but that is it. The other patients were women in their 30’s and all have reported similar experiences.

Moderate Pain

SculpSure is not a painless procedure, however, I would argue that it is much better tolerated than most of effective non-invasive lipolysis device.  In our practice, most patient are able to tolerate the "maximum" energy without requiring any additional pain control.   The device has two mechanisms of pain control 1) adjustable energy levels, and 2) cooling mechanism that gives patient a "break" during procedure.   Additionally, patient generally do not have any significant residual pain after the session other than mild local tenderness.  

Chang Son, MD
Englewood Dermatologist

Sculpsure results in at least 24% fat reduction in area of treatment per treatment session

This is completely dependent on your own body. Your body decides how fast it disposes of your dead fat cells. Everyone’s body metabolizes these cells differently and while you should start seeing results around 6 weeks after your first treatment, you might not see your final results until about 12 weeks out. SculpSure treatments do require some patience but the benefits far outweigh the extra time.*

After 25-minutes, just get up and go about your day.

No need to worry about pain during the Sculpsure treatment! We have treated hundreds of patients since 2015 and our patients find the treatment very tolerable. Expect to wear a belt that holds the plastic frames for the Sculpsure applicators. Then after a short warm up period, you experience periods of cooling followed by periods of heating followed by periods of cooling and so on throughout the short treatment. After just 25-minutes, you are free to get up and go about your day.    

Beautiful wishes,

Roberta Krueger, M.D.

Sculpt Away body shaping + beauty lounge

SculpSure discomfort- Worth It!

You do not have to suffer to get results!  If the settings are cranked up to the max then it could actually hurt a lot!  Our goal is to treat and remove the fat without causing harm or suffering.  

But some people want the full experience or the highest setting because they think it will help burn the fat better, or they want to "get their money's worth".   This is a perfect example of needing to listen to our bodies.  If we treat at too high of a setting then you could get an injury.  The treatments need to be a collaborative effort between you and your doctor.  Not too hot, not too cool, just the right amount of heat to get results!

Claire Coco, MD
New Braunfels Family Physician