Who is the ideal candidate for Sculpsure?

Healthy with Stubborn Problem Areas

SculpSure gives the best results for patients who live a healthy lifestyle, but are struggling with localized problem areas, despite their diet and exercise efforts.
Some of our patients have described that they've hit a plateau in the results they're seeing with diet and exercise, and they feel frustrated. Often, there are hormonal, genetic, or aging changes at play, which are causing them to store fat in unflattering locations. For these patients, who live a healthy, active lifestyle, SculpSure is a wonderful solution, because we know once we eliminate these fat cells, they're going to experience a lasting result.

Some doctors have mentioned that ideal patients should have good skin quality. Of course, if you have tight, thick, youthful skin, it is likely your skin will contract nicely in conjunction with the fat loss provided by SculpSure. What if you don't have good skin quality, though? What if child birth, weight loss, or aging has caused some skin laxity? SculpSure would actually be your best choice for non-invasive fat loss in this case. Other non-invasive options, like Zerona, LipoSonix, and CoolSculpt are not good choices for those with loose skin. However, SculpSure is a laser, and we know with warming lasers, there will be some contraction and tightening of the skin.

Healthy with Stubborn Problem Areas

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Ideal Candidate for SculpSure

Patients with BMI under 30, areas of stubborn fat despite healthy lifestyle are ideal candidates. 25% fat reduction in 25 minutes with no down time and no risk of contour deformities. 

Ideal Candidate for SculpSure

Sculpsure- 25 minute body contouring

Sculpsure is fantastic for people who are within about 30 pounds of their ideal weight, or have a BMI of less than 30. The ideal patient is active and otherwise healthy, but has stubborn areas of fat that no amount of exercise or dieting seems to help.
The important thing to remember is that Sculpsure is not a weight loss device, rather a body contouring one. 

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure- 25 minute body contouring

Travis L. Shaw, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ideal candidate for Sculpsure

Sculpsure works for everyone but works best for someone who wants to see some significant changes in their body contours without any recovery time.  Because there is no recovery, anyone who has a busy schedule and can not take the time to have a surgical procedure done will see Sculpsure as a great and easy option.
Having performed the procedure for many months and being one of the first to have the machine in our office, I've found that the best candidates are ones that have 3cm of fat or less on the areas they are concerned with seem to do best and see the most dramatic results.  At this point, liposuction will be almost equivalent to this non-invasive procedure and has the added benefit of no recovery process.

Ideal candidate for Sculpsure

Sculpsure is here!

Sculpsure is now available everywhere!  This is a non-invasive laser technique to melt fat away.  It is FDA indicated for the abdomen and flanks, but off label use can include; back/bra line, inner and outer thighs, arms and possible the neck in the future.

The ideal patient should have a BMI (Body Mass Index) under 30 and localized areas of fat.  The treatment only takes 25 minutes, it is not painful and there is no down time.  You could run a marathon 5 minutes after undergoing a treatment if you wanted.  It removes, on average 24%, of the subcutaneous fat, and can be repeated if necessary in 6-8 weeks.  It is safe and effective.

Sculpsure is here!

Who is the ideal candidate for SculpSure?

Thank you for this great question! SculpSure works best for people who are working out and eating a healthy diet but despite their efforts have stubborn areas of fat: like the lower abdomen or flanks (love handles!), which is exactly the areas this treatment is FDA. A person with a BMI of 30 or less is the most ideal candidate. It melts 24% of fat in 25 minutes in a given treatment area like the lower abdomen, with no down time. My husband had amazing results! We love this treatment.People who couple this treatment with an effective weight loss program are most satisfied with their results.

Shazia Hyder, MD
Redlands Physician

Shazia Hyder, MD
Redlands Physician

Ideal SculpSure Candidate

The ideal candidate for the new SculpSure laser body contouring procedure is someone who is generally active, has a BMI of 30 or less and/ or is less than 30 lbs overweight. SculpSure is excellent to treat stubborn pockets or areas  of fat that don't seem to be responsive to diet and exercise such as the abdominal area, inner and outer thighs, flanks, and "bra rolls".

The procedure uses a 1060 laser to heat the fat under the skin which causes the fat cells to die. Once they die, the body will scavenge them and get rid of them through the lymph, blood, urine, and feces over the next 6 to 12 weeks. Up to 24% of the fat cells in the treated area will die and be removed permanently. 

Ideal SculpSure Candidate

Who is a Candidate for SculpSure?

I think of SculpSure as a bridge between diet and exercise and liposuction.  The company (Cynosure) advertises BMI less than 30.  SculpSure can be used to destroy a 1-3 centimeter band of fat just below the skin.  It works best on someone with good quality skin (no stretch marks) and a small to moderate amount of fat under the skin.  It does not work for fat inside the abdominal cavity around the intestines.  It can be used to get rid of that band of fat pretty much anywhere on the body. Right now, the chin and neck cannot be treated with SculpSure; however, it may be in the near future.  Every treatment destroys fat and treatments can be done every 6 weeks.  You most likely won't get results like you get with liposuction.  However, anyone can be treated with SculpSure and everyone can have multiple treatments.  Individuals with a large amount of fat under the skin will not see as much improvement with a SculpSure treatment as individuals with small to moderate amounts of fat.  Remember, there is no down time with SculpSure as compared to the down time with liposuction.

Who is a Candidate for SculpSure?

Motivated, realistic individual who wants reduction in stubborn fat- SculpSure

One should be within 7-10 kg of their ideal weight and motivated. What I mean my motivated is that you should not use treatments like Sculpsure or Coolsculpting to find a way to decrease fat, then lead an un-healthy lifestyle then use these treatments to reduce fat again (yes, there are some patients, and even some
doctors who use this as an 'easy way' out). Motivated means keep healthy, you do not need to diet, you do not need to increase your cardio.

Sculpture will reduce up to 24% of fat around your abdomen and flank in one 25 minute session, but this takes 6 weeks before you notice results, and 3-4 months for optimal outcomes. Hence the ideal candidate is one who has realistic expectations, and uses SculpSure as a means of decreasing stubborn fat areas. In my opinion, most patients who lead active, healthy lifestyles over the age of 30 will find some 'stubborn areas'- unless you are an elite athlete or genetically blessed. 

I have a few devices that I personally can access, including Velashape, Venus Freeze, Coolsculpting, and SculpSure, but personally chose SculpSure because it just works! And most importantly has no downtime. Coolsculping also works well, but the time factor is important  for me, plus the potential of 3-4 days downtime did not suit my lifestyle. If you are super busy, SculpSure all the way- only one treatment of 25 minutes. 

There are many options for focal fat reduction that are non-invasive, you have to pick which one suits your lifestyle. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic Dermatologist
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring 
BRISBANE, Australia. 

All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic Dermatologist
Fiori Institute of Body Contouring 
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Ideal Candidate

The ideal candidate for Sculpsure is a person with a BMI of 30 or less.   Someone who is looking to remove stubborn fat deposits ie: love handles, upper and lower abdomen, flanks and thighs.

Ideal Candidate