Endymed Intensif (Radiofrequency +microneedling) vs Fraxel for acne scars (ice pick and box scars)? (photo)

Having found little info about Endymed Intensif, I would love to have some doctors opinions on the results obtained with this procedure compared to the ones obtained with Fraxel? I am in my early 30s and have battled hormonal acne for several years which have left scars in my jaw and cheek areas and after having tried traditional micro needling as well as both the Cooltouch and Clear and Brilliant lasers I haven't had much improvement and am looking to try something hopefully more effective.

Acne scar treatment - best way is to treat the scar type and not the device

Firstly device wise, Infini is better than Endymed, I agree with Dr Weiner.  Fraxel is outdated, and underpowered. The real answer is how to approach acne scar revision? It is to target the different scar types with different treatment modalities, including RF insulated microneedling, PRP, lasers, surgical techniques, fillers and many others including TCA CROSS for ice pick scars. The video explains in detail. All the best, Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Endymed and Fraxel can this help acne scars

Radiofrequency is new and hasn't been shown to effectively treat acne scars. I don't think one modality will treat all acne scars. Ice pick and box car scars need some surface treatment not something that works in the deep layers. Ice pick scars are especially more responsive to surface treatments. co2 lasers and erbium lasers are important for this surface attack. You also seem to have some rolling scar type of quality from what I can tell. Deeper treatments work in this area as well. There are multiple modalities that can help especially when combined to shock the scars. We have a 5-7 step process that can treat all types of acne scars in about 2 hours in one treatment.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel, Intensif, not as good as Infini

The go to device for me and several of the thought leaders is the Infini now. Although the Intensif is close, it still lacks all the features that the Infini has. Check out all the before and after pictures that Infini has with acne scarring. I have tried Fraxel with only mild success for acne scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD