Ematrix vs Fraxel restore for enlarged pores? (Photos)

Hello, I'm 33, have pale yellow and little oily skin. I want to reduce the pore size on my face. • Do you think which treatment is best for me if pore is my only concern? • Which one has longer downtime period? • How many treatments should I have? • Is the result permanent? If not, how often do I have to get it done? Kind Regards, May

Fraxel vs Clear and Brilliant.

You have various options, eMatrix can reduce pore sizing however I personally like the Fraxel system for this. In particular the 1927 - Fraxel Dual. The other system, namely Clear and Brilliant is actually a diode driven Fraxel laser. With Clear and Brilliant you will need a series of 3-6 sessions. I often combine this with a Vitamin A cream in between. Another option is RF Micro needling with PRP. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Reducing Pore Size

I treat pores with a combination of Clear & Brilliant which has no down time, PRP with microneedling which has a day of redness, and eMatrix which has a few days of redness.  The more downtime generally the faster the process to have it resolve. Please consult an expert with lasers.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Pore Restoration -- Try Clear + Brilliant + Microneedling/PRP, Skin Care; Fraxel or Intensif work too but have more downtime!

For large pores, you'll want to do a combination of treatments and actually recommend the clear + brilliant laser with salicylic acid peels and microneedling/PRP for this condition. There won't be any downtime, but it may take a series of treatments. Find a doctor with expertise in lasers.  Best, Dr. Emer.