Is Coolsculpting for diabetics ok?

I am considering this procedure for my flanks and abdomen soon after a beast reduction. Do you recommend I wait long after the beast reduction? Also is this something that is safe for a diabetic?

CoolSculpting and Diabetes/ CoolSculpting Post- Surgery

CoolSculpting is safe for a diabetic, as there are no contraindications for that.  As for post surgery, I would check with your surgeon before doing a CoolSculpting treatment (especially on the abdomen).  I would usually recommend waiting at least 3 to 6 months post surgery to make sure everything is healed.

Coolsculpting and diabetes

Coolsculpting is a great option for diabetics as the risks of infection with a surgical procedure are avoided.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting and Diabetic

In most cases diabetic patients may proceed with CoolSculpting. We would recommend waiting a full three months following breast reduction surgery for CoolSculpting on any part of the body. We would also ask for a clearance from your surgeon to make certain your incisions are well healed prior to proceeding with CoolSculpting. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for diabetics ok?

Thank you for your question. Yes, CoolSculpting is safe for diabetic patients. You can wait until your body is healed and ready for the treatment, however, there is no specific time period as a different area will be treated. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Cool Sculpt for Diabetics

Dear Ocbaybee, Zeltiq's cool sculpting was not studied on diabetic patients however we have treated several clients with type 1. They have had no problems. Hope that helps. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Candidate -- Diabetic

Yes, CoolSculpting can be safely performed on a diabetic. There is no waiting period to perform CoolSculpting after a breast reduction because a different area will be treated. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Coolsculpting is safe

Since you are not getting Coolsculpting done around the region of your breast reduction (ie. the bra fat area) you should be fine to do the treatment whenever you like. Regarding the diabetes, as long as your sugar levels are where they should be, there should be little risk with Coolsculpting.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon