How can my asymmetry of the cheeks be addressed? (photo)

One of my cheeks is shaped differently than the other. One is more hollow while the other is rounded outward. Why is this and how can it be fixed

Cheek asymmetry

Good question. The two halves of our faces develop separately when we are embryos.  There is always a difference.  The only question is how much, a little or a lot.  The option in your case is to use fillers to improve the symmetry.  It's best to start off slowly and improve the symmetry in a stepwise fashion.  In other words, inject some at one setting, let it settle and then inject some more.  You may consider a more permanent solution after you achieve the look you desire. 

Burbank Plastic Surgeon

Cheeks shaped differently than the other. One is more hollow while the other is rounded outward. Why and how can it be fixed?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your one cheek is flat in the front compared to the other that is more full and round. This is a normal amount of facial asymmetry but that doesn't mean that it can't be improved.  When one or both cheeks are flat, in a female face, this creates an oval or rectangularly shaped face.  Due to the lack of cheek bone support, in the front, with age...gravity will pull the soft tissue off the cheek increasing the effect. 

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.

Cheek Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, Implants

I suggest seeing an expert this can be treated with fillers, or a combination of implants, fat, sculptra.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cheek Asymmetry

The critical question is which side of your cheek do you like better, the more hollow or  rounder side. That decision will change how each type of cheek bone can be changed.

Asymmetry of the Cheeks

Facial asymmetries are normal but can be addressed when significant or bother a patient. Your cheek asymmetry can be reduced with a long acting filler such as Voluma or Restylane Lyft or with the placement of implant(s). Many like yourself have fillers placed and then later a permanent correction with implants if they are satisfied with the results.

Asymmetry of the cheekbones?

asymmetry of the cheeks is quite common. This is usually  because of developmental differences. The easiest way to correct this is with the Voluma . If you like this it can be made permanent with a cheek implant. See an experienced surgeon for this. 

Face asymmetry

Facial asymmetry is a common feature and can relate to bony and/or soft tissue changes. As we age these changes can become more prominent as volume deflation can reveal the underlying bony structure and asymmetry. Moderate volumization  of the left midface and left/right zyyomas will bring more symmetry to your face. Voluma would be be the ideal filler for your case. 

Costas Papageorgiou, MD, FACS
London Facial Plastic Surgeon