After 3 weeks of Fraxel, I still have very dark red cheeks. You can see two different skin color. Is it normal?

I'm really worried, after 3 weeks of treatment, my both side chicks are very red. Sometimes it looks very dark and sometimes it looks red. I'm really worried, is it permanent?

Side Effects from Fraxel

Fraxel is a fabulous laser with great results.  One of the benefits of the Fraxel laser is that these results are revealed within five days.  If you are still  having redness or uneven pigmentation three weeks out I would consult with a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lasers and Fraxel for the best cosmetic results.

Fraxel and redness

please see your physician or get a second opinion.  you should be looking fantastic by now and you may need skin care or additional recommendations.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Redness After Fraxel

Hi RZ.  Yes, redness can persist after laser resurfacing sometimes for weeks.  In addition, depending on your skin tone the trauma of the procedure can sometimes cause PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation), a darkening of the skin and finally, you can also have Melasma that is latent become more visible after the procedure.  

The good news is that there are options for all of these issues and you should either contact the office that did the procedure or get another opinion about options.

To see before and after pictures of Los Angeles fractional laser resurfacing patients, click on the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD