After receiving an Alarplasty, is this normal healing?

I had an alar base reduction and it is 11 days post-op. I’m just wondering if I should be seeing an indented red strip in between healthy skin where the incisions were made. So the incision looks like a shallow cut, a little indent of red healing tissues with the flaps of skin on either side of it. That doesn’t mean the stitches didn’t work, correct? Like my skin still should be a little separated and cut where that red indent/line is? I also have a bit of white crusting there it seems.

Healing after Alarplasty

Congratulations on completing your surgery.  At 11 days postop, you are still very early in the postoperative period and it is difficult to judge whether or not this is normal healing.  I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon to be sure everything is progressing as it should be.  Best of luck.

Post-alarplasty healing

Thank you for the question. It would be helpful to see some photos of your post-op results. Even with the photos, however, it would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. Since you had an alarplasty about 11 days ago, it would certainly not be uncommon to note some swelling and other irregularities on your nose. In many cases, the healing process takes about 4-6 months to complete. It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Alarplasty recovery

Pictures would help. I would recommend following up with your surgeon as your nose heals to ensure the best outcome.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Dear heyyo12, A photograph would be needed to determine if you are healing properly. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD