What is the best aftercare at home for Ultherapy?

Do you agree warm compresses are more effective than cold after Ultherapy? That's what I was advised, and I have a few ripples, bumps- but not bad, they are improving each day.

Ultherapy Post Treatment

Hello there,

Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound to lift and tighten loose skin over time. Ultherapy is the only non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses focused ultrasound to stimulate the growth of new collagen deep within the skin. 

After Ultherapy treatments, some patients may experience slight redness, swelling, tingling, or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature. The post-op symptoms you are describing are normal, and will subside over the next several days.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Aftercare

Bruising, swelling and tenderness can occur in the treated area. Bruising may not be evident for several days following the treatment and often is greenish in color by the time it becomes visible. Most common areas for bruising are along the jawline and cheekbone. Even without bruising, tenderness to the touch is expected.  The ripples or bumps are caused by the 1.5 mm transducer and typically go away in a few days but can last up to a week.  Warm or cold compresses are not necessary but will not hurt the treatment.  

In order to maximize the positive inflammatory response created by Ultherapy avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen and Celebrex for 1 month following the procedure.
This inflammatory response is necessary to allow your body to stimulate collagen fiber formation and modeling.

Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy Aftercare

Some people prefer warm compresses, others prefer cold compresses. We give our clients specific aftercare instructions on how to best take care of their skin after an Ultherapy treatment. Our clients usually do not require either cold or warm compresses. Follow up with your physician if you have any specific concerns. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Getting the right combination with ultherapy, RF, Sculptra, microneedling/prp

I recommend following the after care protocol provided by your Dr. If you're concerned I recommend following up for an evaluation. I usually recommend Ultherapy in combination with lasers or RF, Sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp for a smooth result. VASER withThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) and Kybella would be other alternatives, if you're a candidate. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer