I had Ultherapy yesterday and I got a red patch, welts and blisters bubbled up with yellow transparent liquid in them (Photo)

Do I get a scars on my face? How long does it heal the blisters? Should I apply some kind of ointment?

Doctor Answers 6

Ultherapy results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would see your doctor immediately. It appears you have a burn as a result of your Ultherapy. It is possible you will have scarring. Sorry. 

Gainesville OB-GYN
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Post Ultherapy - Burns and Scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's not normal to get burns or blisters after Ultherapy. See your doctor as soon as  possible to discuss the outcome and treatment using silicone based scar gels with growth factors for healing at this time. 

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Burns and Blisters After Ultherapy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have a second degree burn. This should absolutely never happen with Ultherapy in the right hands. Either you were treated by someone who has no clue what they are doing, or a "knock-off" imitation Ultherapy device was used. This will heal, but you will probably have a scar. Sorry you experienced this.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

You might also like...

Ultherapy Complication

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi, we do Ultherapy in my office for noninvasive skin lifting and also have not seen this type of complication with Ultherapy. Please call right away and see your dermatologist or plastic surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation and treatment.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Facial Burn

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have sustained significant burn. I have never seen or hear of any such incident with Ulthera and question whether you were actually treated with a real Ultherapy machine and transducer and if you were actually treated by a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon. At this point you definitely need to see one of these specialists to help minimize the scarring and properly treat the burn. This is why prescriptive medical treatments should only be performed by qualified doctors.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second degree burn or wosre

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The blistered burn is likely second degree and the other areas may be deeper too. You NEED to see a plastic surgeon who understands burn care asap for proper care to minimize the risks of scarring.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.