I had Ultherapy yesterday and I got a red patch, welts and blisters bubbled up with yellow transparent liquid in them (Photo)

Do I get a scars on my face? How long does it heal the blisters? Should I apply some kind of ointment?

Post Ultherapy - Burns and Scarring

It's not normal to get burns or blisters after Ultherapy. See your doctor as soon as  possible to discuss the outcome and treatment using silicone based scar gels with growth factors for healing at this time. 

Burns and Blisters After Ultherapy

You have a second degree burn. This should absolutely never happen with Ultherapy in the right hands. Either you were treated by someone who has no clue what they are doing, or a "knock-off" imitation Ultherapy device was used. This will heal, but you will probably have a scar. Sorry you experienced this.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Ultherapy Complication

Hi, we do Ultherapy in my office for noninvasive skin lifting and also have not seen this type of complication with Ultherapy. Please call right away and see your dermatologist or plastic surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation and treatment.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Facial Burn

You appear to have sustained significant burn. I have never seen or hear of any such incident with Ulthera and question whether you were actually treated with a real Ultherapy machine and transducer and if you were actually treated by a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon. At this point you definitely need to see one of these specialists to help minimize the scarring and properly treat the burn. This is why prescriptive medical treatments should only be performed by qualified doctors.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Second degree burn or wosre

The blistered burn is likely second degree and the other areas may be deeper too. You NEED to see a plastic surgeon who understands burn care asap for proper care to minimize the risks of scarring.