One Front Tooth is Longer Than the Other?

If a front tooth is 1/8" longer than the other, and they are both already longer than the eye teeth, what is the best procedure to shorten? I have an overbite and braces as a child, teech are straight, but one has grown longer than the other.

Doctor Answers 2

One tooth longer than another?

A procedure called enamelplasty in painless fast and relatively inexpensive, a dentist will smooth the edges of these teeth until they are even. Good Luck



Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Dentist

Simple to treat

Without photographs it is very difficult to tell but often times the best treatment is the simplest and least invasive. You can have your dentist perform enameloplasty (if you are a candidate) to shorten the tooth that is longer. The procedure is simple inexpensive and minimally invasive

Aria Irvani, DDS
Irvine Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.