How Long Can I Expect Swelling After a Vampire Facelift?

Swelling after Vampire Facelift?

I don't like using the term "Vampire Facelift" because PRP therapy with microneedling isnt the same thing as a facelift.  I think Vampire Facial is more appropriate for this procedure.  I simply use the term PRP with microneelding facial.

Because this is a non surgical procedure, most of the swelling subsides within a few hours.  All the swelling is gone by the 2nd day.  There is some downtime the first day because you don't want to wash off the PRP so your face will look a little bloody.  The next day there will be some mild redness.  This is gone by the second day and makeup can be applied.  The main driver for downtime is how deep the microneedling treatments go.  This should be a discussion you should have with your doctor.  If you want less than 24 hours downtime lower settings can be used.

I think microneelding with PRP facials are a great alternative for those who are not candidates for or don't want fractionated laser resurfacing.  I offer my patients both options and together come up with the best treamtent plan for  their needs.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Vampire Facelift?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vampire Lift recovery

Swelling After a Vampire Facelift

PLEASE NOTE A "VAMPIRE LIFT" IS NOT THE SAME AS A SURGICAL FACELIFT PROCEDURE !!

Swelling and bruising following a " vampire facelift"  is usually almost, if not already, gone by 2-3 days after the procedure was performed. The results will start to appear by approximately a month later and it will last for 2-3 months. I would recommend discussing your options with your plastic surgeon to see if there are any possible risks or complications that may arise. 

Vampire Lift recovery

Swelling After a Vampire Facelift

How long can I expect swelling after a vampire facelift?

75% of the swelling following a vampire facelift will be resolved within 3 hours of the procedure, and the remainder will go down within 1-2 days. I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any additional questions. I would be happy to answer them for you. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Swelling

With all cosmetic procedures that are minimally or invasive, you may experience swelling.  However, the swelling will subside quickly (within a few hours to a day or two).  You may also have a little bruising which will also clear quite quickly.

Seek a full consultation with a PRP specialist in your area.  They will assess you for risks and can discuss with you the possible risks associated with the procedure. 

Good luck!

Swelling

Good luck!