Sex After Liposuction

Sorry my english is very bad! I will have lipo on May 6 and, I was wondering how long will it take for me to have a sexual relationship with my husband?

Recovery after Liposuction- When Can You have Sex !!!

Fortunately, there is no body structure that you can damage by having sex after liposuction. But, obviously the soreness of surgery can prevent some people from engaging in and enjoying sex immediately after surgery. Therefore, when my patients ask me about when they can have sex after liposuction, I usually tell them that they can have sex as soon as they feel comfortable- physically and mentally !

Sex after liposuction

Sex is always a question that I am asked about.  I would have to say it is a matter of comfort.  Usualy I tell patients to give it a week or two to feel a bit better before engaging in sexual acitivities after liposuction.

Sex after liposuction

Patients often worry about having sex too soon after a procedure. While there are some procedures that require a little time t o heal before having sex, most procedures don't affect that at all. The limiting factor is usually discomfort. Basically, when you feel up to doing it, you can. Unless you had a procedure that has stitches around your genital area (eg. labiaplasty, tummy tuck, etc) you should be free to do what you like. Just use common sense and don't get too rough. Other than that, enjoy yourself!

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Sex after surgery

My usual recommendation for patients is to wait until they are comfortable.  This may be anywhere from a week to six weeks.

Brent Moelleken, MD

One can resume sexual relationships a few days after liposuction.

Depending on the magnitude of the procedure, liposuction will not really interfere with sexual relationships.  Most patients feel a bit listless after any operation so sexual appetite may not return for a few days.  People also experience sex in different ways and extremely acrobatic practices should be refrained from for a few weeks. 

Sex after liposuction...

After liposuction I would recommend waiting at least 1 week before having sexual intercourse.  If you're still feeling some pain and soreness I would wait a little longer.  Also be careful if you are still swollen so as to not increase the time for it to disappear.  In general, just use good judgement - if it hurts or swelling increases, then wait a little longer.  If your still concerned about the subject, then just make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss it further.

Sex after liposuction

Since you have not had surgery yet, you should obtain the answer to this question regarding sex - from your plastic surgeon as they are the one operating on you. For my patients, I recommend avoiding strenuous activities for around 2 and a half weeks after surgery but that would depend on what is involved. Furthermore, you will tenderness in areas a for a few weeks or more which may limit certain activities, etc.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Sexual relations after liposuction

For the first couple of days, your surgeon probably has recommended that you don't exercise so that you minimize swelling and bruising, and your blood pressure may elevate during sexual relations so you should apply the restriction for the first couple of days.  Another concern is the insertion sites in which the cannulae are introduced to the skin.  IF there is significant friction over this area and if certain bodily fluids soil the wound, the insertions site(s) could get infected. It's best to wait for them to seal and heal prior to traumatizing the insertion sites.  Some surgeons close and others leave the insertion sites open but covered wtih a dressing. Check with your surgeon what they recommend

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Resuming sex after liposuction depends on the areas treated and how quickly one heals.

Resuming sex after liposuction depends on the areas treated and how quickly one heals. Sexual relations are not likley to harm the results of the surgery, but there is some bruising to contend with. I have advised my liposuction patients for 25 years that it is up to them and I have never had a problem with this policy.

William P. Coleman III, MD
Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Sex after lipo

Theer is no set time frame but usually 2 weeks and then see how you feel and if you have any discomfort and if you do change what you are doing or take soem more time to heal.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon