Juvederm lip fillers. Will they make my lips smiley? (Photo)

Hi there I am considering getting my lips done I've always wanted fuller lips, I look like Im sad will lip fillers make my lips smiley? Please can you advise how many syringes I will require for a very full look that will suit my face.

How to get the best lip injections?

The best way to get a "smiley" lip injection where your mouth will be turned up is to consult a dermatologist with a great deal of experience with lip injections. The choice of product, whether it be Restylane or Juvederm, or Belotero, and placement of the product is the key to having a beautiful result.

Juvederm lip fillers. Will they make my lips smiley?

The best way to get a smiley lips are to use an adequate amount of filler in your lips and Botox or other neuromusculoparalytic agents to the facial muscle depressors at the lower part of you mouth below the lower lips.  This will give you some enhancement of the lips and will aloow the corners of your mouth to raise up in repose.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Smiley lips

I am not sure what is meant by smiley lips, but if you mean to have the corners of your mouth turn up slightly and enhance the sides more, it can be done with a filler product like Juvederm. it should not take more than one syringe if done by a physician competent in fillers.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers -- Get Restylane Silk

If you are a first time lip person, get restylane silk.  Its soft and makes the lip look really natural.  The results of lip fillers are based on the person injecting them.  Pick an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Avoid the joker smile

HI! I think that a combination of lip filler as well as botox to your depressor muscles (DAO) will give you a more smiley face. You have to beware of getting too much filler, because you have very full and pretty lips, but if made too full and turned up with filler, your face will become full on the corners of your mouth, you'll be over corrected to have a "joker" smile. 

Renee Snyder, MD
Austin Dermatologist

Happy Lips After Injectable Fillers

Hi New Boobies,

Now for lips to match!  Your lips are already full, I would not use more than 1 cc of Juvederm in your lips.  The corners of your mouth can be elevated ("turn sad to glad") by proper placement of filler.  Make sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

I assume by "smiley" you're asking whether fillers can lift the corners of your mouth? A combination of filler to support the corners of the mouth and Botox to relax the DAO muscle can create very nice lifting and re-shaping of the corners of the mouth. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm lip fillers

A nice place to place fillers is just below the corners of the mouth. This can elevate the corners and change a more sad or unhappy appearance to a more happy appearance. In terms of quantity, one cc of filler in most cases would be sufficient for significant lip fill.

Juvederm for Lips

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. Your lips appear full, but the outer corners seem to fall down slightly. Botox would work better at achieving the look I believe you want to achieve. See an expert injector in person for a thorough evaluation and discussion of possible options. Good luck.

How to get fuller lips from #juvederm or other fillers

Thank you for sharing your photo and question about lip injections for fuller lips. I think it's a question of technique over product and you would do well to consult with either a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  Be sure to view before and after photos of your injector.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS