I got hyperpigmentation after chemical peeling? (Photos)

I got hyper pigmentation after chemical peeling .. it wasnt too much brown patches but it really get me annoyed.. My dermatologist gave me a formula of Hydroquinone 8% Kojic acid 4 % Tretinoin 0.1% And he told me to use this formula on the darker patches just before bedtime. And to use skinceuticals vitamin c & e in the daytime + sunscreen. I have used this formula 3 days and the patches are very irritated so i stopped using it for 2 days till now. Photos attached.

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. You should use oral painkillers, ice packs, and moisturizer to improve your healing process. You should ask your board certified facial plastic surgeon to recommend you the brands and strengths of them so that you and your surgeon are working together through your treatment and recovery plans. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyperpigmentation after Chemical Peel

It appears that the chemical peel might have been too strong for your skin type.  I would try to use a less irritating bleaching cream now to lighten the skin as well as some topical Vitamin C serum.  Please consult an expert in chemical peels for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Hyperpigmentation

Thank you for your question and the photos. The tretinoin 0.1% as well as the Hydroquinone can sometimes be irritating to your skin. It will often take your skin time to adjust, especially to the tretinoin. I would recommend you start slowly with the product, using it every other night or three nights a week until you can work up to nightly. I would also make sure you are using a moisturizer with the product. If your skin still gets irritated then I would recommend you return to your dermatologist for an alternative lightener that isn't to harsh on your skin. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist