Can I drink a large beer 11 hours after having done Botox?

Bruising may get worse

Bruising can get worse if you drink alcohol so soon after your treatment. You may want to wait a couple of days, or longer if you have excessive bruising.

In my experience alcohol ingested before a Botox injection can cause increased bruising.

In my experience alcohol ingested before a Botox injection can cause increased bruising. 11 hours post injection should not increase bruising or swelling - there are no other contraindications between Botox and alcohol when used for esthetics. 

Hope this helps. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and Beer

I don't restrict my neuromodulation patients on any drinking since the needle is so small for injection.  Alcohol and botox do not interact at all.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and alcohol

Botox is a great method for reducing fine lines around the forehead, glabella, and eyes.  However, alcohol can make you bleed or bruise and should be avoided before injections and for a day afterwards.  When you get the great results that you want you can then celebrate with a drink!

Live it up

Drinking a tall boy right after your Botox might not be the best idea in the world, but in reality it shouldn't affect your long term result.  At most, it MIGHT make you bruise a bit, since alcohol tends to make you more prone to bleed. If you have a really good time and end up passing out early, gravity can alter the diffusion of the Botox, which is why your doctor likely gave you post-injection instructions that told you not to lay down immediately.  Either way, it shouldn't be a big issue, everything in moderation. 

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Beer and Botox

It is not recommended that you consume alcohol for the first 24 hours following Botox injections.  Alcohol can thin the blood and make you more prone to late bruising.  It is unlikely that Beer would reduce the effect of the Botox and unlikely to cause health risk.  To be on the safe side, however, you may want to wait until tomorrow.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon