Can corticosteroids compromise the results of a hair transplant?

I have been prescribed betnovate cream (betamethasone) to apply to my ear canal (for an issue unrelated to my hair transplant). I also sometimes use avamys (fluticasone) nasal spray to help with decongestion. Could either of these corticosteroids influence my final results? I had my hair transplant on the 6th July. Thanks in advance

Corticosteroids and hair transplant loss

Generally this should not affect your hair restoration procedure being that it is a topical solution and not being applied near the transplanted area and that the medication is likely being used for a short period of time.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Can ear and nasal corticosteroids compromise the results of a hair transplant?

More than likely the answer is no to these corticosteroids. These corticosteroids are in very small amounts and are distributed locally to the area of application. High doses of corticosteroids taken orally could potentially have an impact on a new transplant.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

In general, medications when used properly should not be an issue with transplanted hairs.

In general, medications when used properly should not be an issue with transplanted hairs.  This applies corticosteroids.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Corticosteroids

If these are locally applied outside of your hair and not into your body systemically, these medications used as you described should not impact hair growth

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon