Change transplant hair direction?

Hi after my HT Procedure 13 months, the hair direction is not right, all the hairs are going behind and the root at the hairline look so fake and ugly, my question,can we change the hair direction of the transplant hair to make the roots more soft looking.

You cannot change the direction of transplanted hairs. It is time to visit a doctor for an examination and treatment options.

You cannot change the direction of transplanted hairs. This is very unfortunate but it is too late.  It is time to visit a doctor for an examination and treatment options.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wrong hair direction

You are past one year following a hair transplant and the direction is wrong. This is a real problem something that requires an expert to fix, and many times it can not be fixed

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Unnatural appearance of hair transplant

Houssam23,It's a shame your experience was not a more positive one. I don't know if price was a major factor in choosing your surgeon, but this is the sort of thing that frequently happens when people shop for a "bargain" hair transplant. At any rate, there is nothing that can be done to change the direction or angle of the transplanted hair; however, a second procedure by an experienced, competent surgeon may help you achieve a greater degree of naturalness, especially with regard to softening of the hairline. My advice would be to take your time and do your homework when looking for another surgeon. ISHRS membership--especially at the FISHRS level--is not a guarantee of quality, but it's a good place to start. Similarly, there are many excellent hair transplant surgeons who are not Diplomates of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, but ABHRS recognition is another factor to take into consideration when choosing a doctor to perform your surgery. Does the doctor limit his or her practice to hair restoration surgery? Or are hair transplants just one item on an extensive menu of cosmetic procedures? Will the doctor be performing the surgery, or will it be delegated to assistants? Look at online reviews from patients for several doctors--is there a common theme? Meet with at least two different surgeons and ask to see examples of their results--especially hairlines. Which doctor(s) make you feel comfortable and inspire confidence? Ask to speak with several patients of each surgeon you are considering. Finally, do not look for the cheapest clinic: low cost is seldom a predictor of quality outcome. At some point, you will have to go with your gut, but there are some steps you can take to make your gut decision more reliable.Thanks for your question--I hope my reply has been helpful, and that there will be a happy ending to your story.Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon