Are my breasts saggy/ptotic?

I'm 21 and concerned about my breasts. They're causing me a lot of grief no and I'm very embarrassed of them. I've been bra fitted and was told I'm a 34dd however to me my breasts look small and I feel I have a wide space between them? . They also look saggy and uneven. I've tried the pencil test and the pencil falls from under both breasts. My breasts also look different when they're cold or I feel cold. What is wrong with my breasts and what can j do about them?

Are my breasts saggy/ptotic

Thank ypu for submitting your question.  I am sorry ypu feel frustrated.    A breast lift will elevate a sagging breast for a nicer and rounder shape and help correct assymetries. Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best Wishes. 

Breast lifts

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, you will require a breast lift regardless of the breast implant size.

I hope you found this helpful. A Have a great day.

I appreciate your question.
From your photos, yes you do appear to have some ptosis.  A mastopexy (breast lift) would give your breasts a more youthful appearance by improving shape and repositioning your areolas.  A Breast Augmentation would improve the volume.  A combination of both can also be performed.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Thank you for the question and photos. It does appear that you could improve the appearance of your breasts with a lift which will improve shape and also reposition/resize your areolas. This could be done with or without breast implants.

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

All the best

Are my breasts saggy/ptotic?

There is a technical definition regarding ptosis (this is the medical term for saggy).  This is when the nipple hangs lower than the fold under the breast. Often surgeons use this to determine if one requires a breast lift or if breast augmentation will suffice.  unfortunately, there is no breast lifting technique that does not leave scars. A good examination by a plastic surgeon will help determine what type of lifting technique may be utilized. Other concerns can be addressed at that time including cleavage and asymmetry. Good luck.

Breast lift with augmentation

A breast lift would give a more youthful shape to the breast. A breast augmentation alone would only address the volume. You would get the best result with a breast lift with augmentation depending on that your goals are. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. 

Good luck. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts saggy/ptotic?

Hi, Sajeda1293.  Based on your photos, you do have saggy/ptotic breasts.  If you want your breasts to be fuller and perkier, you would benefit from breast augmentation with lift (mastopexy).  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about the procedure.  Best regards/

Young breasts aren't always perky

As others have said you would benefit from a mastopexy. I believe you have a bit of a tubular breast. The problem I encounter often with a young lady of your age is when we start discussing the scars involved young women often get turned off. May I suggest that scars fade. True they take longer to fade in a 21 year old that a 45 year old. But they do fade. Consider a mastopexy and perhaps at 22 or 23 you will have breasts with a much better shape and scars that will look like perhaps you had a reduction. These are trade offs. Best of luck. 

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Do I need a breast augmentation?

You have perfectly normal anatomy that falls within the range of 'normal.' That being said, if you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your breasts, the question becomes: do we have reliable surgical (or nonsurgical) techniques to achieve your goals? It is difficult to say based on the photos but a lift may achieve your goals, with or without an implant based on your desired volume. 

I mi would recommend a formal consultation so an individualized recommendation be made. 

Good luck! 

Breast ptosis

Thanks for your inquiry and pictures.  You do have some breast asymmetry and ptosis (drooping), but many women do.  If you desire lifting your breasts are increasing your symmetry, I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss.